Died overnight?

88Regal Limited

So yesterday I went out to wash the cavalier. Started up the regal, backed it down the driveway a bit and shut it off. Actually ran good. Plus I didnt waqnt to get the regal wet after waxing it a day before. So I wash the cavalier, both cars shiney. :D So I start the regal, moved it back up, put it into park and shut it off. So today as mom is leaving for work I hear "GET OUT HERE!!!!" So I get out there and she says "What did you do!?!" And I'm like :shrug: Want to know why? The freakin car wont start! :shock: :yikes: :shock:

:bawl:

No headlights, tail lights, interior lights, nothing. My guess is the battery's dead. But how can it die over night? I didnt leave anything on either. So whats up? I'm really PO'd right now. :verymad: Any insight?

PS: battery wires are on tight.......

Ive seen that happen before. My buddy came back from work one afternoon and we went to go the grocery store later that night and car had just died. Went from 100% working to 100% dead battery.

Its probally a bad connection from corrosion or something on the battery. This happened to my girls DSM twice (POS with 32k miles) I just turned the positive a tad on the battery and it came back to life!

Happened to my car once too. Took it out to wash it, washed it, brought it into the garage to dry it off, went to move it and nothing. Battery was dead, had to get a new one. But with todays batteries you just cant tell when there ready to go.

Happened to my dad's Taurus. My mom was picking me up from school my first day in gr.9 and it was running fine. She shut it off to wait for me, went to start it and it was totally dead. Cause was battery just up and died. It does happen, so don't worry. I'd be concerned if it won't start when boosting it.

Try to boost it and see what happens :D

When our mustangs battery died, we tried fump starting it and it wouldent start. It wasnt as dead as the regals battery, so boosting it probably wont work. :D

We'll be getting a new battery somtime this week. Thanks guys. Any other probable reasons?

When boosting, make sure both clamps are making a GOOD connection. There shouldn't be a reason your Mustang wouldn't start IMO.

Hell a couple years ago I thought back, and my RX-7s battery just died sitting in my garage one day...just needed to boost her up and the alternator kept her running until you shit it off, then it would need to be boosted again lol....

But then again, if the rotary engine in that thing had a manual hand start recoil type thing I bet I could start it up lol...

Anyway, good luck with the Regal, I'm sure it isn't anything to serious.

I had the same problem with my truck. It wouldn't crank and then would go completely dead. A few seconds later, all the lights would come back on. When I tried to crank it again, everything would go dead. When I took the positive battery terminal off, it seemed very tight, but it wouldn't come off easily. I managed to get it off and discovered the positive terminal had a lot of crust on it. When I pushed the battery bolt out with some pliers, the whole thing was corroded and so was the inside of the battery terminal. I spent some time with wire brush attachments on the Dremel and 2wks later it's still fine.

I had a similar problem with the 88 Cutlass where the positive terminal was corroded, but no matter how much I cleaned it, that battery wouldn't hold a charge so I had to replace it.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Got a new battery and it started up fine. Went and checked tonight and the underhood light stayed on. So I pulled the wire. Problem solved. :D Thanks alot for your help!

i was about to say...i just had to replace my battery last saturday and it did basically the same thing...i came home for lunch, had to move my car...then went to go back to work and it was dead...mine was the battery itself...nothing was drawing from it...

anywayz, glad ya get her fixed!