Car acted weird today

SaberZ

I decided to go an get pizza today and started up the car and drove to the pizzaria. Turn the car off and go in. Took no longer than 4 minutes. I come out, and turn my car on, and it chugged(like it was puttin) and died. I start it again, and its chuggin, so i hit the gas for a bit and let off, and its fine. I drive an its chuggin for abit and gets better. I got home and let it sit for awhile to try and recreate the scenerio(to make sure). SO i go outside now(9pm) and turn the car on, it starts up fine, i hear my intake suckin air in. I rev the engine and the when the idle went under 1k the power in the car dimmed out a bit and went back to normal when it hit over 1k. i rev the engine a bit and it stops doing it.

Any ideas what it can be? I'm really worried

Its not sending out any codes is it?? If not, heres a thought. This is a long shot, maybe, but I just had this happen to me. My crank sensor wire was shorting out, causing the car to die at weird times, with little pattern. It could be that, but it sounds like something else. If you dont have any trouble codes from it, and the charging system is fine, the crank sensor wire might be it. That does sound really weird. And it idles fine?? I was going to say vacuum leak, but if it idles fine, that wouldnt be it. I dont know, that crank sensor wire is all I can think of.

Robby

well when it happened it idled very bad, chuggin like, or it felt like it was choking. I was reading on other posts bout bad gas, and well i have a 1/4 tank left, and i've been fillin it at some local placehere. I'll check the wiring, and give it a full tank o Exxon Supreme an see if itmakes a difference. Scaring the crap out of me, damn car, and my rotors warped again after only 6,000 miles.

Argh!

I have had that problem with a couple other cars, but i think it was more my fault. I turn the motor over just enough to get gas into it, then let go of the key.. the car sputtered to a halt, then it was hard starting again and ran like crap until I revved the motor for a few seconds. Did you make a quick jab at the ignition key when you started it?

yeah has 30,000 miles on it, and it has been to the dealer now, 3 weeks in a row. They said they resurfaced my brakes(cut them) and they are worse off then they were before, so its going in again this thursday the 20th. My ISS was lubed for a 2nd time, cuase of creaking. And now there is another iss problem with it, and they are being ignorant about it. I still here it, and they said they checked everything an its all fine. I hate going there cause it makes me feel like im purposely doing things to my car and agrivating them. But i'm doing the brakes cause they messed up on them. I want new rotors, not cut, hell if they cut em again im throwing a fit. I paid 500 bucks in august for new brakes an rotors and within 6-7k miles they went. If you cut em, its only going to prolong them a bit longer.

Bout quick startin, I've done that a few times in the past and the car would just turn off, never stutter like it did yesterday. I dunno, seems fine now, but I'm gonna hook up to the computer tommorow and see if its reporting anything. Damn car, not to mention my PC's powersupply fans went. But being the techie i am, i opened it and lubed up the fan and its working now.

Argh just a bad weak :(

warped rotors can sometimes be a result of hard stops. without proper ventilation they can warp.

one way to help min. this is to use a different pad. semi-mets or mets can sometimes overheat rotors under hard use and warp them. organics and softer pads wear more quickly ( but leave brake dust everywhere ) but are easier on the rotors...

You might take it to another dealer. If it's under manufacturer's warranty, you can take it to any GM dealer and they will have to fix it for free even if they don't sell Chevrolet.

I doubt they really think you're sabotaging the car on purpose... I'll bet they get a LOT of people coming in needing things fixed quite frequently. It's one of the reasons American cars have such a bad rep.

I am very much against turning the rotors. heck once they have turned them in order to get rid of the warping, what have they done? Made it MORE prone to warping since there is less metal there, easier to heat up now I would think. The closer they get to the bottom of their tolerance, the more often they get screwed up. I just have them replace the rotors after one resurfacing. I'll deal with one resurfacing, but that is it.

Yeah its going in this thursday, I really hope they replace the rotors completely cuz i really dun wanna get :twisted: on them. Yeah thx for that dealer warranty info. I'll take it someplace else if they don't do the job to my satisfaction.