Dash pad replacement?

NeonHomer

When it rains, it pours... When I was pulling the dash apart to change radios in my 88 Olds, I noticed the dash pad was pulling back from the backbone. Pulling it off revealed the dash pad had pulled back and was covering the defroster vents! Does anyone know if there is a source for new dash pads? (Not those things you buy at your local auto parts store.)

If your talking about the entire upper dash piece, the best would be new from GM, but they are costly. You can also check junk yards, sometimes when they peel just a little they are fixable, I fixed mine and it looks good as new. Hope this helps.

Jason

I am not for sure, but if they don't a good dealership would help you locate one. Also try used auto parts stores, they are out there, just a matter of finding it. I have a guy I can contact in TX if you don't have any luck. Let me know

Jason

I've never heard any such recall, but it would be nice.

The dashpad is almost guaranteed to warp, so I've pre-emptively driven screws into the ledge that the defroster vent fits into and that seems to greatly reduce the chance of warping/lifting.