Attn: L67 Swappers, and curious parties

lakefxgp96

A site is being developed for all GM vehicles capable of an L67 swap. Its a work in progress and we'd like this site to be as big and functional as possible with YOUR HELP!

http://www.l67swap.com/

It will include an l67 swap specific forum, FAQ's, how to guides, and a store for the entreprenuerial swapper who has some services or products they would like to sell, or for those who need special parts.

This site is open to all W, J, L, N, H, F, fiero, etc. owners and is created by swappers for swappers. if you are interested in contributing services, write-ups, donations or you would just like to learn more about it please drop me a line lakefxnet@yahoo.com or just reply to this thread!

clubgp-members...we have a couple threads in the 88-96 forum if you'd like an inside scoop.

First off, welcome! Awesome idea and good starting graphics, it should be a hit once it's up and running. Through the grapevine, I've heard that a L36 or L67 will fit into the L-Body, but takes some work. But that's about it... the J-Body is too small and not deep enough without some serious cutsom fabrication.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2301&highlight=

There's a link on that post to a guy who stuffed in the LQ1 with a shoe-horn; I looked at that going "where the hell is the rack & pinion and the master cylinder going to go"... he had no room to play with. I personally would like to dump in a LS1 5.7L V8, L47 4.0L V8, even a LX5 3.5L twin Cam V6 but practically and reality comes into action. Lets face it, not all cars can take a bigger powerplant.

- RedFox340

I used to post here anonymously before, but i finnally got my ID, but the FORUM kinda made me do that this time, oh well.

Yeah we have some high hopes for the site. I did those graphics, so THANKS! Brian Teel (sales@bcaudio.com) is contributing the major portion of the site. this was a very spur of the moment idea, but we know it could be and needed to be done!

I cant remember where i found this guy, but he had squeezed an L67 into a Z24 cavalier, i might be confusing that with the turboZ guy but who knows. I also heard of some L67 Berettas (L) that were out there, but i dont know of if any have websites, we'd like to get a hold of them too.

ATTN: L67 Cutlass owners. Someone sent a message to me containing several pics of their car, unfortunately my mailbox was overlimit and yahoo deleted the message before i had a chance to write down a name or email address, its gone, I saved the pics to my HD, and id like to build a page for you but i dont know who you are! Who are you! You have a Red 94+ Cutlass w/ a Michigan Bridge Licence plate starting with 1ED

---

Okidedrak - Would you like a page for your car on l67swap.com for your car? Have you set up an account on the forum? If you have any technical information about your swap that you would like to share, we'd love to hear about it!

I dont mind you putting something up on your website about my car, but as you could see from the pics I'm not much of a showoff. I pretty much dont have any good pictures of my car exterior or of the swap itself. Everything was done in my little/long garage, i actually am gonna add one more pic with me, the engine hoist and teh old engine. It's been more than one year already and i didnt even bother taking outside pics when i had teh chance :(, hopefully will take some this spring.

As about technical details, i really dont have much time now for anything, but maybe in the near future...

Hey It works! As far as the pics are concerned, it offers newbies a chance to see that its possible even in their car, and they can know where to direct their questions. L67swap.com was started by 3 96 GP owners, so that makes information gathering a little biased. There are subtle differences with every application, and its nice to be forwarned about silly differences in design, for example, i just discovered that i need an adapter to get my oil filter to fit! its wierd stuff like that that helps us out a lot.

Its a sweet ride anyway! If you would like for now, i will just link that pics page you posted.

no actually, dont, i made a mistake in the first place by giving it out

i dont want to waste any more bandwidth than i have to..if u want just host few pics on yr server and that's it..if not see you around.

Feel free to add me under "The Rides" section.

1992 Lumina Z34 (1999 GTP powertrain)

Performance

* 4" custom intake

* 3" Downpipe w/ carsound cat

* 2.5" catback

* 3.4" pulley

* MAG snout

* 1.5* colder plug

* DHP PCM

Suspension/Braking

* KYB GR-2 Front struts

* Koni Ajustable Rear struts

* Suspension Techniques Front lowering springs

* FastFWDPerfromance Rear coilovers (not installed yet)

* Addco 7/8" Rear Swaybar

* Energy Suspension F/R Polly swaybar bushings

* 1994+ w-body Rear disk brake upgrade

* Custom Front Strut tower brace

Apperance/Audio

* 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 Wheels

* Removed OEM pinstriping

* Removed Bowtie on front grill

* Grey Interior swap

* Kenwood Exeleron HU

* Pioneer 4" Front

* Alpine 6x9" Rear