A Bunch of questions! Please Help!

MidgetOnWheels

Hey every one!

All right alot of people probably know that im new to forum because i keep on asken questions, So ill ask a bunch right now.

1.I was wondering, is there any differences in the door panels from a 1988 grand prix se coupe to any other years including 97 and up, if so what are they and would it be hard to swap any others years interior door panel in. Which are easly compatible.

2. Is it possible to but HUD into my grand prix and how hard would it be, also if any one has any how two's please let me know.

3. My dash is part digital and part analog, if i remember rightly it has digital for the speed and gas, but analog for other things like the tachometer. Is it possilbe to swap completely to analog dash if so how hard is it and what dash gauges would work in it. Also about the milege if the display doesnt work how do i find out how many clicks is on the car, is it in the comp, or do i just have to get the dash worken again.

4.Lastly are all the hoods, doors, trunk lids swappable between 1988-1996 grand prixs.

Sorry about the long post,

Thanks Alot every one!

"p.s dont pay attention to the bad speeling"

Welcome!

1. There are no (major) differences between 88-93 door panels. 94-96 door panels should fit as well, but I think you may have to change some linkages for the lock/door handle. 97+ absolutely will not fit.

2. Yes, it is possible. Difficulty level depends on how skilled you are with wiring and whether you have to cut your own hole for HUD, or if you can get a dashpad that already has the HUD hole. I'd say level of difficulty is about like installing an alarm or remote start.

3. Yes, you can swap out for a 90-93 analog dash. I believe all the gauges should work. It's not hard, just pull the old one and plug in the new one. They should have the same connector and pinouts. Mileage is only stored in the cluster, so if it's dead, you'd have to get it working again to see the mileage.

4. Yes, all major body panels are swappable 88-96. Trunk and hood from a 4dr will also work.