Need Advice...What datalogger for my TSTE & TGP?

TGPilot

Ok this is a question for the TGP/TSTE not for other vehicles although they may work on other OBDI cars.

What datalogger do I need to get for my TSTE. I am trying to track down a seriously poor fuel mileage issue with the TSTE and I do not want to shotgun parts and hopefully find the issue after $500 worth of sensors. I want to see exactly what is being told to the ECM and by the ECM to troubleshoot this.

Also looks like I am getting my TGP back from Luke shortly and want to have a datalogger for it for tuning with the upgrades I have planned for it when she returns.

So this pertains to the TGP/TSTE's I possess so please mods do not move! :wink:

Thanks for the info in advance guys!

-Kenny 8)

I haven't used Datamaster yet as I have Diacom. I wouldn't waste the money on diacom as it's pretty obsolete at this point. I'm planning on Datamaster soon as I wanted to tune a new chip for high octane. :twisted:

Also looks like I am getting my TGP back from Luke shortly and want to have a datalogger for it for tuning with the upgrades I have planned for it when she returns.

:bawl: Now I'll be all alone in the world of Kansas TGPs :bawl:

Dave, you won't be alone. We will still have Jess's Black (w/ grey leather) TGP here.

Ahhh yes, how soon I forget. :oops:

If you guys are planning on meeting in Hays, shoot me a PM, I'd be glad to head up there for a miny meet of sorts (my cluster has mysteriously started working consistently again, so I might not even have to borrow the scanner from work :D ).

Hijack over...please continue.

:bawl: Now I'll be all alone in the world of Kansas TGPs :bawl:

Hey don't feel bad, atleast you know of someone in your state, I don't have a clue of anywhere here in Mormon U.S A.K.A Utah.... :roll:

Maybe make your own scan tool?

Shit man...right now between putting a new tranny in my TSi, plus working with clients for some serious income in the near future, plus my normal days work, plus playing with my 1 year old son, plus trying to find quality time for my wife and me...I think I will buy something already built and ready to go! :lol: :wink: 8)

Yea. Much like my 3 bar code :cry: .

I've built the ALDL cable..that's it, in 5 min. thanks to Moats site. 8)

Good luck with the scans. You have to wait a little while for the Stream to comunicate with the Labtop or your PC.