a few electronics ?s

stockgp

I know it's been said that an l67 pcm won't run a ub3 cluster. What exactly are the issues with this? i'm trying to figure out ways around thatfor the adapters i'm making. I have a spare pcm i could sell with one adapter, but after that it'll get too expensive to keep doing, i'm afraid.

one guy i spoke to said the l67 pcm would run the tach, but nothing else would work. from what i've read about this issue in the past, the l67 pcm would run everything EXCEPT for the tach. could someone clear this up for me?

So, I know some guy built a microcontroller to simulate the tach signal. Is this guy still around? If not, could someone explain to me exactly what this is? I know how to work a soldering iron, and i've taught myself quite a bit. however i'd like to know if it would be possible for me to build some of these myself.

and as far as using a gen 1 pcm to provide a tach signal, has this been done? I would hate to start making these adapters for the 90 degree guys and find out the computer shits without the rest of the information it normally gets.

then if it is possible to use the gen 1 pcm, maybe someone could help me figure out exactly which wres to splice into to make it work. i'm assuming it just needs power, ground, and the hooked into the icm?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer

Dan

The UB3 uses the serial data stream from the PCM to get its information. The data stream is different on the L67 PCM because it is OBDII. I don't know if it is even possible to make it work.

Guest Anonymous
The UB3 uses the serial data stream from the PCM to get its information. The data stream is different on the L67 PCM because it is OBDII. I don't know if it is even possible to make it work.

I was going to say something like that. I know I could not even get an OBD1 DIC to work in an OBD1.5 car... I doubt that it will operate becuase of the computer differences.