Desperate need of part #s for cutty tailights & lip! GM

Xbebegirl

Hello guys... ive got a 96 cutlass supreme 2 dr... and im trying to find the cutty lip spoiler assembly. Gm finds the factory spoiler, however they cant find the part number for the tail lights that have the lip as well. They only keep showing round ones, and they have NO Idea what im talking about. If anyone can help me.. or where the hell i could even start looking to buy it please let me know... this is an ongoing saga for me, and GM keeps repeating.. "Its aftermarket, its aftermarket, we didnt make that" UGH!!! 3 different gm's told me that. and junk yards.. well i cant find a single cutlass, let alone one with the tail light assembly im lookin for. please let me know guys... thanks ahead of time...!!!

oh and.. heres a picture of my car.

http://home.comcast.net/~r.javornicky/sexy.JPG

an olds has never looked so hott.. jk..

--- christine

Do you think a cutlass would look allright with just the lip tail lights and no spoiler?

umm...no, i think that would look really ODD...it WOULD look good with just the spoiler and the rounded tailights IMO though!...

Here's the situation. I have an identical cutlass as terryk2003 although mine has a grey interior and no lip lights or spoiler these I want . I also have no problems about purchasing them from a dealer if i can't find them at a scrap yard.The problem I do have is drilling holes in my trunk to fit the spoiler.My car only has approx. 70,000km.\or about 40,000 miles don't want to screw it up. Any input from somebody who has done this would be welcome.Although probably should be posted in a different thread.

Here's the situation. I have an identical cutlass as terryk2003 although mine has a grey interior and no lip lights or spoiler these I want . I also have no problems about purchasing them from a dealer if i can't find them at a scrap yard.The problem I do have is drilling holes in my trunk to fit the spoiler.My car only has approx. 70,000km.\or about 40,000 miles don't want to screw it up. Any input from somebody who has done this would be welcome.Although probably should be posted in a different thread.

you may be able to use some 3m double sided adhiesive and just stick the lip spoiler on...i don't really think its that heavy and if its done right i don't think you'd really HAVE to drill holes in your trunk to hold it on...just a thought... :?

you may be able to use some 3m double sided adhiesive and just stick the lip spoiler on...i don't really think its that heavy and if its done right i don't think you'd really HAVE to drill holes in your trunk to hold it on...just a thought... :?

It's actually pretty heavy, being how small it is. BUT I've drilled the holes in my trunk for it and it's rather simple to do, just put a dab of paint on the end of the 4 studs, and line it up to the trunk and let the studs touch the paint. Then drill. The inner sheetmetal/trunk "frame" are already pre-stamped for access to the studs after drilling thru the sheetmetal. You could also drill the holes big so you can adjust the spoiler once "mounted"

Do you think a cutlass would look allright with just the lip tail lights and no spoiler?

umm...no, i think that would look really ODD...it WOULD look good with just the spoiler and the rounded tailights IMO though!...

I think so too. Are the ends boxed off, or are they hollow?

I think so too. Are the ends boxed off, or are they hollow?

Theres a black plastic panel on the side.