O2 Sensor Bad

SEiZe

Seems that my O2 Sensor - Bank 1 is bad, again. I replaced both of them last year in the car right after I got a tune-up. This year I had the head gasket replaced. Anyone know if you are suppose to replace the O2 sensors in that close time period?

That's doesn't seem right at all. I've own my Cutlass for just over two years now and haven't had to replace it yet... and still passing emissions! When you install the new ones, you might want to check the fuel / air mixture through the ECM or install an Autometer A/F electronic gauge to keep an eye on things. It's either the heat or a incorrect mixture that's faultin' up the sensor. Are the old ones caked in carbon build-up?

- RedFox340

r u sure the o2 sensor is bad ?

i have had code readings indicating this but when i brought it in to the dealer they informed me that these are 'generic codes' and could indicate problems in 'other areas'...

OK, just got done changing the O2 Sensor. It did not look bad at all. Code still showed after I reset the system (taking battery off for 1 hour). Took it to AutoZone and read the code. Code is "O2 Sensor read slow, Bank 1, Sensor 1". Cleared all codes from the OBII and drove it for about 2 hours (went shopping). Code has not appeared.