so i am out checking my tranny and...

89BuickRegalGS

so i was out checkin gmy tranny fluid and the car stalled 5 or 6 times in 5 minutes... what gives! I ran the computer for codes, and all i got back was a 12 (that means everything is fine right?) When the car was gettimng ready to stall, it would surge a little bit like it was trying to keep itself from stalling, but the revs would drop to low and it would cut out. I also have a problem with very hard starts. I don't know if the car cuttin gout is related, I would have thought teh car stalling som many times owuld have to do with me almost running out of gas today (I just barely made it to the gas station), but it had happened a couple times beofre.

yeah code 12 means everything is fine, sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Or......the EGR wont send a code unless it is really bad, but that could cause the prob. I would say, check all your sensor with vacuum lines, like MAP, EGR, etc. Then if thats not it, your plenum gasket maybe bad, that would cause the prob. as well. Oh, a bad brake booster line could do that too. Just some thoughts.

Robby