Cruise works, HVAC still doesn't

Kalgorn

You guys might remember me posting about the small hard line from the bottom of the cruise servo coming down to a T where one side went one way and the other side just wasn't there. Well I found a vacuum line buried in my engine bay on the right side and hooked it up to the T because it looked like it fit. Now my cruise works.

HVAC still doesn't. Stuck on defrost or off. Now what could it be? I'm guessing the vacuum line runs through the firewall to the HVAC, correct? Could it be that end of the line?

This is really pissing me off. I want AC damnit!

Have you found the "3-way" check valve yet? One line is supposed to run from the intake manifold, one to the vacuum ball (this is the one that tees off to the cruise servo) and one through the firewall to the HVAC system. The check valve is located somewhere near the washer tank, fuse box, and strut tower...

I'm assuming that's the "T" I'm talking about. One side goes to the cruise control servo, another goes to the vacuum ball (I believe so anyway.. goes under the washer fluid tank towards the fender), and the other side goes towards the firewall (I think anyway). I have to look at it again to see if it heads towards the firewall or not. It might go to the intake manifold.

If I remember, I'm going to check that when I get out of class before I leave school. I'll get back to you.

What does the check valve look like?

It's cone shaped on one end (with a vac port coming out the "cone,") and flat on the back. There's a port coming off the back and one out the side (which points downward - this is where the HVAC line connects to.)

The T you're refering to is on the other side of the check valve (cone side.) One side of the T goes to the vac ball (the side closest to the firewall,) one goes to the check valve, and the other goes to the servo.

Here, I just whipped this up in MSPAINT:

vacsystem.jpg

That would explain it then. I need to find that check valve. The line that I hooked up to the T goes to the MAP sensor I believe. I need to go out with a light and try to find the check valve somewhere in the engine bay.

I believe this engine was out of the car at one point. I know my cousin replaced a lot of engine parts when he had it (rings, gaskets, etc.) so I think he had it out of the car. Could explain why the lines aren't connected.