Where the hell is all my coolant going?????

HokemBokem

I have to fill up the damn resivour tank like everyother day. Back when my head gasket was leaking I could see coolant on the road after I was parked for a while and saw it leaking out but now I dont see anything. Its just like mysteriously gone with no trace? Where the hell is it all going?

No everything is great right now. I just got my full tune up and everything is good besides the damn loss of coolant. My dad said it could be my radiator cap is letting vapor out but I have no clue.

As I said in my first post my head gasket used to leak but that is all taken car of now. I just got an oil change 3 days ago and there was no coolant in there.

• 2 weeks later...

could be the line going from the motor to the heater core....theres a plastic connector that goes into the motor that tends to crack....i know thats the prob with mine....right now its just a small leak that drips coolant when the cars running onto the manifold which then burns it off so theres no trace except for the smell...i forget what the part is called....something like "heater core input line nipple"

No everything is great right now. I just got my full tune up and everything is good besides the damn loss of coolant. My dad said it could be my radiator cap is letting vapor out but I have no clue.

I think that's very likely. You might need to get a radiator flush and then have it resealed properly. If you're 100% certain there's no coolant in your oil, then I'm almost certain that's your problem. I was going to post about your gaskets right away as soon as I saw the title, but I guess it's not the problem. :shrug:

I was having the same problem, and I currently still have the problem. I have a 1995 Lumina, 3.1 MPFI V6. I got my oil changed not too long ago, and the Oil dudes like "you need a coolant flush" SO I had that done.. Car ran great. Until 2 days after the coolant flush and oil change...."Low Coolant". That light is annoying, so I let her sit for a while..and then go to add coolant..low and behold..the resevoir is where it shoudl be and the radiator is full. Any Ideas? This is my first W-Body, and I want it to last and not die :bawl:

As mentioned I would suspect lower intake gasket is leaking coolant past the gasket into the intake runner. Get someone to give the car a couple quick revs, while your sniffing the exhaust. If it tastes sweet or looks white you probably have

a screwed up intake gasket. No this is just an excuse to get High :lol: