Secuirty lighting feature.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Question:

I've got this 89 GP headlight pod with the secuirty lighting feature.

I've heard alot about them not working right. If i unplugged the little control box on the back of the pod, would my interior lights still fade out when i get out of the car? I *could* leave it as is in the off position, but I don't know what kind of condition the timer is in.

On my TGP that controls the headlights, and is supposed to leave them on for a period of time, depending on the position of the slider. I guess this is suppsoed to give you light so you can get into your house or whatever. In my case, it leaves the lights on indefinitely, so I just keep it in the off position.

my '89 LE had that feature. It leaves the headlights/interior lights on for a chosen amount of time. It also turns the headlights/interior lights on when you pull the door handle. I never had a problem with it not working in my '89. I am unsure of how the system timer actually works though because I haven't had that car in a long long long time.