BOOST PROBLEM

turbo24car

hi, i just notiicted that my car wont hit 6-7psi and it has been hiting 6-7psi sience i put my boost gauge in my car and now it only reads like 4-5psi could my bov be leaking or?? iam lost.

FOUND A PRETTY CHEAP BLOW OFF VALVE ON E-BAY AND STARTED TO BID ON IT AND I REALLY DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT NOW SO I FIGUED I WOULD SHOW YOU GUYS,ITS A BLITZ BLOW OFF SUPER SOUND SS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7993502566&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ABCA%3AUS%3A11

THANKS DAVID

buy a performance chip, im pretty sure the stock boost is only 4 psi. and the stock gauge isnt very accurate ( which would cause you to think you got more boost before)

buy a performance chip, im pretty sure the stock boost is only 4 psi. and the stock gauge isnt very accurate ( which would cause you to think you got more boost before)

stock = ~8psi

i do have an aftermarket boost gauge,but i have 2 tgps and i pulled the intercoller pipe off my other one that doesent have a blow off valve on it and it still only hit 4-5psi, all vacum lines are good, need help fast, could it be somthing waste gate??

alright update pulled the thing that controls the waste gate(mind went blank cant think of its name) off my other tgp and still the same thing, checked all vacum lines again checked everything i could think of and still 4-5psi and then to night on the way home it was geting kinda weried alwasys you could bearly get on the gas and let off and when the bov let off it was pretty loud and tonight it was bearly even noticable??? unless you floored it for a sec and let off but still not quite what it use to sound like,and i really need some help beause performace wise it sucks to drive it, always before was a blast and then now with low boost :cry: someone please help meeee! thanks david

Is the Check Engine light on?

Do you still have you stock CAT. converter.?

Did you check the PHYSICal condition of the turbo..check shaft play. Check for wheels touching housing.

Have you ever changed your fuel filter?

If you don't know anything about these cars and you are not used to it yet, it will take you 2-3 years before you finally chase down every possible leak.

If you are more familiar with the car, how it drives when it runs good, and have parts car to reference, and keep chipping away, and know some good tricks, you could have it back to reliable full boost in a matter of a year or less.

It depends on how much desire you have, really. no one is going to be able to tell you exactly what it is without more of the right kind of info.

Find out how good of shape your rubber vac tees are in. Pull on them and if they come apart when you pull, they are not good enough!

You need to wander around in Autozone for a week or 2 getting new rubber vac. tees. In fact, the best way is to buy one of every kind of those Vacutite! parts on the rack and take them home. Keep them organised in a tackle box or something.

Get a bunch of wireloom while you are there of all diameters. These cars get hot, and everything needs to be loomed as soon as it gets put together. The vac. couplings should be so tight that you have to wrestle with a needle nose plier to get it together.

well thanks guys for the help, just put a new fuel filter on tonight but no change, yes i still have the stock cat. convertor on the car, i guess maybe i should pull off the cat and see if that helps?