sonyman87

replaced my Interstate battery and WOW. the car came back to life.

im amazed how easy the car turns over, and how everything seems to work like its new.

and for some reason my Transmission SHIFTS correctly again1! OMGWTFBBQ.

i wonder if it had anything to do with the "e" in 4t60e. finnaly got enough juice to select the next gear.

Unless your alternator is "putting out" the new battery *shouldn't* have an effect on the shifting of the tranny, but who knows, wierder things have happened lol..

Good to hear she's shifting and turing over better now :D

I'm planning on replacing my POS AC delco with a Optima before winter because last year that piece of crap which is only 2 years old barely can turn over the engine when it's cold lol...

Good, good to hear shes running good :D

you may be putting out 14 volts at the alternator but the wiring from the alt to the power block may be worn and causing a drop in voltage. May want to check that out ;-)

also, it depends how much load was put on the alternator for the test too

i can get 14v from a 14v battery, but that doesnt mean it can do 14v at 10Amps (or however many amps our alts are)

i replaced it with an overpriced Haritage

i didn't touch anything under the hood..

the alt test was with the poor condition battery in at 156 amps.. not a ture ready but diffinatly putting power down.

the battery was almost 3 years old and it was leaking battery acid in the battery box. it just wasnt putting out the ampers.

i do have to say i jumped the gun on saying my trany shifts all the time good now. it did it all day good and now its back to the wwwwaaahahhh ba ba ba baawwwww shit again. :bash:

yeah its really wierd the stuff that happens when your battery or alternator go out. So i guess if you get a new battery or alternator wierd things might run better