how Much For the W?

Tigershark

I guess we're lucky to like these cars and be able to admit that they are not the fastest yet still have some kind of pride in em'. We can admit that we will probably never be in the 13's for the quarter mile no matter what. but we still do what we have to to get these cars going as fast as possible... we got people coming in here with ideas on how to ghetto rig shit in order to fulfill our aftermarket hmmm....nonexistence. i guess What I'm trying to get to is .. How far would you go with your W' before you decide to call it quits and just buy yourself a car that actually exhists in magazines? If you paid 2000Dls for your car.. are you willing to match if not beat that with upgrades and still be in the 15's maybe high 14's? I think I would.. although I didn't pay 2000dls for mine.. actually I only paid 450dls on mine and so far I spent more than I got it for I think i'm willing to spend more on it... HOW BOUT YOU? :wink:

:shrug:

I've never been a sports car guy, even well before I could drive, I was always just into gadgets, technology, and styling - luxury cars mainly. I never really cared about going fast. It wasn't until I actually got a car that I started thinking about engines.

Even then, to me speed is not a priority. I know my cars aren't fast, probably not even average (with the exception of the TGP which I would consider "better than average"). I'm even less interested in going fast now that I'm approaching 30 and very seldom go out at night when all the ricers and muscle car guys come out to race. I have no one to impress but myself. So... no matter how slow my car, I will never buy one of those cars that exist in magazines.

say I bought my current GP for $2k the way I originally purchased it stock. Since then I spent:

$670 chrome Eagle 185's

$400 used Goodyear RS-a's(mounted/balanced)

$700 for the SD ram air hood(shipping and paint included)

$125 Wizaired CAI

$45 for a 9" K&N cone filter

$110 Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust tips

$55 cleared corners

$25 silverstar corner bulbs

$15 drilled ZZP 180* tstat

----------------------------------------

$2145 for just the basic appearance modifications that doesn't even include me tinting the windows which I want(if I can ever make up my mind on how dark/light to go).

Mods I plan on doing in the future if I stay N/A consist of this

Custom built DP by JimmyC(this would take care of the ubend restriction and cat)

Ported maifolds aka PEMS

upgraded TB

DHP PCM(which I'm in the process of right now)

rockers

stage 1 ZZP cam

I would also like to upgrade my suspension and add STB's and upgrade my motor mounts.

hopefully I can accomplish mid-low 14's with all of that :shrug: ...if I boosted the GP in any way I would want to achieve mid-low 13's and "try" to be happey with that!

i realize my car isn't a speed machine and isn't the greatest. but it's the fact that i paid for it and it's mine, and my first car that makes it special to me. plus is has sweet tail lights.

i realize my car isn't a speed machine and isn't the greatest. but it's the fact that i paid for it and it's mine, and my first car that makes it special to me. plus is has sweet tail lights.

I agree that the ass end of the Regal is nice...I loved it on my '88 :wink:

holy shit $110 for JUST the exhaust tips!! My whole exhaust system cost less than that to buy and put on!!

tell me about it, but they are high quality...u get what you pay for!

I have a plan that would turn my car into a 13, or possibly 12 second machine (yes it involves different motor and trans, but not L67). But I'd have to buy something cheaper on gas as a daily driver (ie Crapalier) while I do the project, plus it would use alot more gas than stock 3100. Money would be the main factor in this of course... I'm guessing in total it could run up to $10g for the project...

We can admit that we will probably never be in the 13's for the quarter mile no matter what.

Not true. :roll: 13's are attainable. Little ingenuity, work and of course some money and you to can get in the 13's. I hope to be knocking on 12's door this year. :D

Matt (mfewtrail) has this site up with times and timeslips. There are even a few mid 14 cars with little or no mods. Time slips are at the bottom of the page. I expect quit a few W's getting there soon. Lott guys puttine turbos on.

Don' be discouraged it can happen. Just depends on your commitment.

http://home.alltel.net/mfewtrail/

Jud

im personally saving up enough for a down payment on a MC SS. With 303hp I hope to start with 13s or be damn close to them :twisted:

We'll see if the money gods smile upon me this year :roll:

I'd like my car to go faster. As it is now, it is *good enough*, but I'd just like that extra power if needed, like when I kick it down on thr highway the 3.1 just doesn't have it to get the car going faster. Though I've toyed with the idea of swapping in a 3800series 1 engine, and even turbo charging my current engine, that all takes time, and money - both something I don't have alot of right now.

Right now, I like my car, and will probably leave it stock.

to my knowlage, Jeff M. has the fastest w-body at 450 horse from his TGP. If i cared enough to make my GP or regal even remotely fast, RWD is the only way to go. figure most people can make a 3400 run into the mid 14s with bolt ons and stripping a car out, mid 13s with a rebuild. these cars really are not made to go "fast" and for the money it would take to get them there, you can build up on another platform that you'd see much better results with.

to my knowlage, Jeff M. has the fastest w-body at 450 horse from his TGP. If i cared enough to make my GP or regal even remotely fast, RWD is the only way to go. figure most people can make a 3400 run into the mid 14s with bolt ons and stripping a car out, mid 13s with a rebuild. these cars really are not made to go "fast" and for the money it would take to get them there, you can build up on another platform that you'd see much better results with.

how fast is Jeff's "W"? Someone from Intense (maybe zoomer)has there GP in the low 10's right now...thats the fastest I know of.

There are lots of 97+ GTs/GTPs with turbos that are putting out lots of power (400hp isn't that hard with intercooler) and they're running 12s. I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some crazy boosted 3800s out there with more than 450hp.

I dunno what Jeff M has but he might have the most powerfull TGP around.. I dunno.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You know I resent your statement. Jeff M is a joke. He has never had a TGP even come close to 13*. I'll bet he has never been in the 14's. Your to gullable and unfortunatly believe what you read. He claimes 450 HP but he is an outright bull shitter. It's in his dreams. Ask him to prove anything he has claimed. He cain't.

As far as I know I have the quickest TGP on this planet. I only have about 310 to 320 HP(on paper)

If anybody can produce proof of a faster TGP I will yeild.

Jud

I'm going to have to agree with Jud on this, though not as strongly put. As far as I'm concerned Jud has the fastest proven TGP. I'm not counting Curtis Walker as he doesn't have a TGP. Although, his car is pretty badass. :twisted:

I'm going to have to agree with Jud on this, though not as strongly put. As far as I'm concerned Jud has the fastest proven TGP. I'm not counting Curtis Walker as he doesn't have a TGP. Although, his car is pretty badass. :twisted:

And yes skalor I would agree that Curtis has the strongest motor. I think he has about 1000# on me. If I could get close to the 12's I would be tickled pink and consider myself NEAR his league. :D

Strong, yea I just don't like BS. It seems to roll out of the mouth. :roll:

Jud