Car hesitates and smells like fuel.

thasty

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my buddys Z34 off of him and have been in the process of fixing her up for about 3 weeks. I just finished a turn signal switch along with much more, now the only complaint i have is that after i turn the car off it wreaks of fuel from what seems to be under the hood, its so bad i can actually smell it inside the house if i park it in the garage, ideas?

The second problem is when im coasting on the highway and barely on the gas just to keep the speed constant, i will feel pulsating, as if a misfire or possibly a tune up? I talked to the my freind he told me he had the tune up done at around 100k. The car is currently at 133k,.

Any ideas? Im a poor college student (almost done) that needs this car bad, so if anyone can help me id really appreciate it.

btw: 95 Monte Z34 auto

Thanks

I dont know if this would help on your car, but on my cougar I was having the same problem as you were. Smelling fuel and it was misfiring. Changed plugs, wires, tested coil pack and everything was fine. I even changed the fuel filter. The problem was that a spark plug tube seal was leaking and the oil was causing the sparkplug not to fire. I would pull your plugs to see if there is any oil on them and go from there.

I dont know if this would help on your car, but on my cougar I was having the same problem as you were. Smelling fuel and it was misfiring. Changed plugs, wires, tested coil pack and everything was fine. I even changed the fuel filter. The problem was that a spark plug tube seal was leaking and the oil was causing the sparkplug not to fire. I would pull your plugs to see if there is any oil on them and go from there.

nice... he told me the tune up was done so i dont want to do it for no reason, ill check the sockets out.

Now if someone has an online repair manual then id be set.

any links?

Thanks for the help