A/C Vents dont blow air...

NeonHomer

Okay.. 88 Cutlass Supreme. I have been going through this car system by system, getting it ready for the road. However, when I set the dash controls to turn the A/C vents on (or just vent mode), no air comes out of the dash. I hear the blower motor running, and the compressor comes on, but no airflow. I am not used to this type of system (I am used to Chryslers, which use vacuum switches). Any help appreicated.

Is it coming out the floor?

If so, check the small, hard plastic vacuum tube that runs along the driver side frame rail underhood. It often breaks around the battery area. It goes to a round vacuum globe under the battery (you can see it from under the car). It also T's off to the cruise control servo.

in my old grand prix when i had the defrost problem, the cruise HALF workd. sometimes it would work fine, sometimes it wouldnt work at all, most of the times it would work, but the gas pedal would ever so slowly come up and id start loosing speeed. the resume/accel/coast functions never worked

Mine is similar to Ismellrealbad's Grand Prix. It works most of the time, but won't accelerate on an uphill stretch, no matter how slight. If it's level, it'll maintain the speed however. And all the Resume/Accel, etc. features do work.

My climate control is cranky at times. If I put it on dash vent, it won't switch right away, not until I coast and vacuum is being drawn. Then it switches to the floor when I give her some gas. With heat or A/C it's been like this since I got it. Got a little better after I changed the intake gaskets but it is still not right. Wifey's Euro Sedan works much better.

Did you ever find out why the Grand Prix did that?