Turn signal where????

Frosty4477

It's original, but originality doesn't always mean it's a good idea. W-body headlights are bad enough. You NEED those driving/fog lights.

iagree.gif

:werd:

Just doesn't make sense.

1. You didn't gain anything, but lost foglights.

2. The execution wasn't very good, because there are gaps around the light.

3. No improvement to the looks to have the existing turn signals painted black.

Originality is only good when it either improves the looks, function, or performance of something. IMO, of course.

Well guys, i'm not trying to make some kind of w-body fashion statement. The problem was that the fixtures and bulbs in the parking lights were all jacked up when i got this car. The fogs were blown out and bent backwards. (I got this car for $500.) The lights were only $2.75 each at meijer plus the price of a little bracket. I didn't feel like scouring the junkyards for new parking lights. It actually looks kind of cool when the signaling is comming lower and wider than you are used to seeing it. Not trying to make a showcar, or set a trend. I just thought it was a little innovative and you guys might be interested.

Well guys, i'm not trying to make some kind of w-body fashion statement. The problem was that the fixtures and bulbs in the parking lights were all jacked up when i got this car. The fogs were blown out and bent backwards. (I got this car for $500.) The lights were only $2.75 each at meijer plus the price of a little bracket. I didn't feel like scouring the junkyards for new parking lights. It actually looks kind of cool when the signaling is comming lower and wider than you are used to seeing it. Not trying to make a showcar, or set a trend. I just thought it was a little innovative and you guys might be interested.

Don't take it personally. None of us mean any offense, I'm sure, we're just very vocal on opinions.

I thinks it's neat too. I would look a lot better if you just removed the old turn signal housing, and put some sort of grill in the hole. Then, get the factory foglights, and mount amber 3157s or whatever in them. The new housings look straight off a boat trailer. Either way, I'll give you credit for thinking of something strange like that.

HaHA! The things were made for trailers. Honestly. I just wanted front turn signals pronto so i didn't get some bs ticket for not signaling properly. The car isn't in great shape so i can get away with doing things like that. Fun having an older car to try stuff on. I can't wait until next year so i can have $$$$$ to get a serious w-body.

Actually, this is heading somewhere..

How many W bodies had turning lights?

For those of you who have never had a personal luxury car with turning lights, it is a light, pointed at about a 45 degree angle, that turns on when you turn on the blinker. It doesn't blink, but illuminates the turn, especially at night. Caprices are the easiest car to see them on...or can't, they're hard to pickout in the daylight. Lots of 80's "limited" GM cars had turning lights. Most Cadillac do to.

Anyways...back to the point...figure out a way to run a clear/amber light that doesn't flash and lights up the turn might be a very cool and functional thing.

Actually, this is heading somewhere..

How many W bodies had turning lights?

For those of you who have never had a personal luxury car with turning lights, it is a light, pointed at about a 45 degree angle, that turns on when you turn on the blinker. It doesn't blink, but illuminates the turn, especially at night. Caprices are the easiest car to see them on...or can't, they're hard to pickout in the daylight. Lots of 80's "limited" GM cars had turning lights. Most Cadillac do to.

Anyways...back to the point...figure out a way to run a clear/amber light that doesn't flash and lights up the turn might be a very cool and functional thing.

Precisely why a few weeks ago I was wanting to know if Cutlass sedan corners would fit a Cutlass coupe. The clear part on the Cutlass sedan corners is silvered on the inside, so I was thinking of installing a matrix of white LEDs into it. The Cutlass coupe, unfortunately, the silvering is behind the lens making it impossible to make that part illuminate.

My Mercury Sable and even my 72 Caddy had the turning lights and I thought that was a really good idea. My Cutlass not having it always made me feel like, "what kind of cheap crappy car doesn't have turning lights and instead has this white section that doesn't even light up?" which is why I wanted to add some.