Cars been stalling/hard to start

gimp19

A few weeks ago I drove my car to the store about 5miles away (it ran fine) with a 1/4 tank of gas on a 5 degree day. Returned bottles then went to start it up to go home and it stalled right away after doing that I tried starting it with my foot on the gas a little and that worked. But on the way home it stalled every time I took my foot of the gas so, I took it to the gas station and put in a bottle of dry gas and filled the tank up. That seemed to help alot but it still starts hard about 5% of the time.

Any ideas?

Well, from first glance you could / did have a bad tank of gas... as long as you have fuel pressure and a clean fuel filter... the car should run like any other time. Remember, over the winter months more ethynol is in the gasoline and that can cause poor performance and stalling; I'd try running some higher octane fuel for a tank or two, perhaps a couple fuel system cleaners / octane booster. Try that and see where that gets you.

- RedFox340

sweet that answers the same problem i've been having occasionally. My dad said it was probably bad gas too, but being the hard head i am i didn't believe him at first, despite his 40 years of car knowledge <----dumb teenager lol