Cutlass arm rest RIPPING problem

Frosty4477

Hello, this is my very first post here. Let me first just say that i have i'm very impressed with the enthusiasm here about w-bodys....they are great cars! Ok, so the leather arm rests on the cutlass supremes have a terrible ripping problem. I was so annoyed that i got a virtually BRAND new one from a junk yard after about a week of owning my car. THEN a month later the new one started ripping! I even leather conditioned that puppy!!!!! So today i unbolted the arm rest, took off the leather and fiberglassed the whole foam portion and painted it black to match the interior. I'll have a pic tomorrow for you guys.

Watch it crack now.....haha.

SO the arm rest REEKS of glue and the smell is terrible 20 hours later.....and the whole setup is not working out. I couldn't even find a decent arm rest at any junk yard today. I'm screwed i already ruined the foam. :cry:

Finally, i have a fix hopeful of lasting. Can it go the distance???? I covered it with a durable black cloth-like material wrapped nice and tight. Honestly looks legit......surprised myself. Terrible design on that stupid spring action peice of trash. If it rips i'm driving my cutlass off a bridge.

Finally, i have a fix hopeful of lasting. Can it go the distance???? I covered it with a durable black cloth-like material wrapped nice and tight. Honestly looks legit......surprised myself. Terrible design on that stupid spring action peice of trash. If it rips i'm driving my cutlass off a bridge.

Yeah, cause I remember one time my cupholder broke..

rolled that bitch right off the side of a mountain. Piece of shit.

digitaloutsider, it was a figure of speech. A hyperbole.....maybe thats a new term/concept for you. Stevo, where'd you get that at?? Sounds pretty awesome. Anyway, i've had to fix it 3-4 times. Pretty annoying. There isn't anything more aggrivating to me than having a great interior and then laying your arm on a ripping, ugly, uncomforatable chaffing peice of junk. Thanks for the input guys

I'm with you on that. my cup holder broke, now i have no where to put the taco bell cups but in my lap or the passangers hand!

I'm with you on that. my cup holder broke, now i have no where to put the taco bell cups but in my lap or the passangers hand!

Werd, cold balls suck.

Go to the junkyard and get one from a Olds or something, one that pops out of your center console armrest and has two holders in one!!

Having cupholders must be one of those luxuries I just haven't gotten around to embracing yet. The only cupholders in any of my cars are the two in the rear console in the CS, and they've never been used. Even vehicles that have cupholders always have them in bad places, like right where I like to put my arm on the armrest.

Might have to search around for a Regal armrest, are they actually made of leather?

Hey man heres an idea, take out that coin holder and throw it on your seat. Then put your cup down there. A little trick i came up with instead of strattling the damn drink everytime while driving. :wink:

Hey man heres an idea, take out that coin holder and throw it on your seat. Then put your cup down there. A little trick i came up with instead of strattling the damn drink everytime while driving. :wink:

Doesn't work if you have pneumatic seat controls... Plus most of the time I buy powerade or whatever, and good luck getting those to fit any factory cupholder in a W. It's just never been an issue for me, so I'm perfectly content.