lazytik

Ok guys, long time no post...

Basically, I worked 11 hours today, as with all of this week, and walked out of my workplace, turned the ignition..and its over. It wouldn't turn over because of no fuel. Now, I am not stupid enough to leave my gas on empty. I ate less food for lunch yesterday, but put a little bit of gas into my baby.

So, the needle went up to half tank from like quarter.

It seems that my guage is a quarter tank too slow. When I am at half, it shows at 3/4. When I am empty, it shows I have a quarter tank left.

Also, it shifts and moves whenever I take a turn or my inclination changes. So, going uphill at low RPM, it is at empty. Go downhill and move your car faster, it shifts to quarter tank. Everytime I turn right, it shifts, everytime I turn left, while parked, my engine accelerates a little bit.

Now, thank you so far from reading that wall of text, here is the question. How can i fix this? Messed up wires? Problematic sensors? Something caught between or pulling on wires?

Please help, and as always, anything complimentary or critical is always welcome.

P.S. My baby isn't with me tonight, it will be back tomorrow. Sigh. Thanks in advance.

Ignore the fuel gauge...on any car.

Use the trip odometer...you never know when a gauge is going to die anyways, but you'll always know how far you've gone on a tank. If you've only gone 100 miles and it's reading empty, you might have something wrong with the car, but 99% of the time, the odometer won't leave you stranded. 200-250 miles is good for me. Keeps the pump surrounded in fuel which is good for it.

Ben

Guest Anonymous

I realy on my DIC for my fuel range more than my gauge... its been known to bounce from 1/8 to 5/8 before... so if the dash tells me i've got 45 miles left, i beleive it.