if your car blew its motor...

streetdreams

if mine blew up, I'd have to get a new car.... I got no time or place to do an engine swap on my car... the replacement though, would be a car worthy of the time to do an engine swap on. I'm not sure that an 89 regal qualifies for that.

if mine had more than $1000 in damage i'd get rid of it, simply because i can't really afford to and it doesn't seem practical with a car that's worth under $3000. if my car does stay in good shape, and when i do get a new one a few years down the line, i'm planning to send it back to my parents garage for storage while i'm at college. who knows, but i'd really like to keep the car. in 10, 15 years i might have enough money to get it to show-condition. now that would be the shit.

2 things I noticed here, first off ya I agree. if my car rusted out I'd junk it for sure, nothin worse than a half ass jalopy with waves in the body just waitin for a front on impact to kill everybody inside the rusted carcass. and 2 parents puttin the pressure on people to get rid of theyre broken cars. I understand theyre point that they OWN the house and its not a running vehicle but I've seen soo many of my friends have nice vehicles that broke down and they got pressured into sellin it or junkin it, what a shame.

If the engine blows, I'm calling a junk yard to give me $60 for it the same day. If the junk yard doesnt want it, I'll leave it on the street and burn the title. I have no attachment to cars. I don't pay no more than $1000 for a good used car. I found out that $1000 will give me 2 years worth of driving which is equal to $40 a month. Aint no way I'm paying $500 - $800 for a shiny new gas guzzler. Been there, done that

shivers...thats cold :lol:

I'd probably park it in my backyard under a cover until i could find either another replacement motor/or somehow build a LG5/L67

If my motor went I would store it till I had the funds to build it up how I wanted. That's kinda the plan now, clean out my garage and get a cheaper car to drive daily.

About the centimental value, I totally agree with that. I wish I never had to sell my first 5 speed, but I'm lucky because it went to a good home.

hahah I knew a young punk with an alero that strapped nos to that 2004 and took it street racing for a couple weeks. he blows the motor and takes it back to the dealer with nos unhooked for warranty. some tech who was AT the streetraces calls BS and tells the dealer the lowdown and homeboy is screwed lol that was funny, to me at least I cant speak for homeboy lol

id be sad for like a day (it IS my first car) and then head out and pick myself an Acura integra/RSX. i need something that

a) has 4 cylinders ($2.60 a gal.!!!)

B) has a manual tranny

c) doesnt want to flip on its side when cornering

d) makes more than 150 hp.

e) is maneuverable

the Lumina just doesn't meet any of those requirements!

b. has a manual tranny

that can so be arranged on the 3.1!!

c. doesn't wanna flip on its side when cornering

what are you talking about!!! my car corners just fine....you sound like you're driving a conversion van :lol:

what are you talking about!!! my car corners just fine....you sound like you're driving a conversion van :lol:

when everything is all original then the cornering starts to suck, lol.

Everything is original on mine, and yes it does have body roll , but that doesn't stop me lol...if the tires are still sticking to the pavement it doesn't matter how fast you are cornering :D...okay okay...yes it does lol, but you can still have decent fun in a Lumina.

yeah i guess.....i just feel like i am doing something wrong when i go around a corner too fast in the Lumina. but i still enjoy the car overall and i wouldn't even consider getting rid of it until some sort of catastrophic failure occurs.