Exhaust sounds like crap.

millerwl71

I have a 92 Z34 and had new mufflers put on. I think they were just a basic pair of turbo mufflers. It seemed to be alright, just a little noise. Then I needed to get a cat put on. I took it in and they said it will be like $280.00 installed. I said I had a cat put in for $159.00 on my other Z34, why is it so exspensive now? He said my car needs a hight flow cat, but he can put on the other one, but won't garentee anything. Well I got it back and it sounds terrible. Everytime I accelerate it rattles so loud that it would take out any harley. The sounds goes away when it' goes into 2nd, but taking off is horrible. I'm going to take it back, but just wondering if anybody knows what I might need to check or know before the shop trys to make up some story. Oh, and after it's warmed up and I come to a stop light, my car smells like rotten eggs really bad. It's embarressing with everybody else stopped with there windows down thinking I dropped ass in my car. It's a new cat like I said. Could it be defective?

Get the high flow cat. I'm not sure, but the smell might just be because your

cat is new. You can order a polished stainless high flow cat from Jegs for about

$100. The rattle won't go away until you put a resonator between the cat and

mufflers(I just ordered a magnaflow resonator today $125 installed).

BRIAN

92 Z-34 FFP stuff so far