Diagram needed for power locks on a '95 Lumina...

logikf1ve

Since I got the car they haven't worked, today I looked at the fuses, all appear fine and the fuseblock has power, yet I checked the wires that come in the doors and they have no power. I'm assuming probably a broken wire somewhere. Does anyone have a diagram that shows where the wires are routed through the car and which wires are which.

I am just guessing that there is a relay somewhere in the car that controls the actuators that lock/unlock the doors. If this is true the wires in the doors wouldn't be live until the relay is activated.

However, that could be just a bunch of BS...if I had a shop manual for 95 I'd help you out, but I don't have one :(...hmmm, free bump I guess

OMG, like, hi2u logik. :D

Hey dude! I forgot you had a Z34. I'm used to seeing Peppers. :lol:

I am just guessing that there is a relay somewhere in the car that controls the actuators that lock/unlock the doors. If this is true the wires in the doors wouldn't be live until the relay is activated.

However, that could be just a bunch of BS...if I had a shop manual for 95 I'd help you out, but I don't have one :(...hmmm, free bump I guess

Any clue where such a relay may hide? I'll probably end up buying a shop manual anyhow, but since I can't put the car on the road for 2 weeks, I wanted to get this fixed before I pull the motor/tranny to put a new tranny in. Wonder how much a shop manual will cost...

ello ello 8)

I don't know about on the newer cars, but in pre-'95s the power lock relay is in the dash underneath the passenger-side a-pillar.

I can't believe you(r parents) bought (you) another fucking car :roll: :P

Hey now. I paid for this one, same with my T/A. The rest belong to my parents, but I can drive them whenever I please, with or without permission :P

You should see the driveway now. :lol: I swear we have no more space. Resorting to parking some of them on the back lawn for now. Hopefully gonna have the whole back yard paved. :lol: