Might be going to look at a GP .....

jeremy

looking more carefully at those shots the last picture of that GP looks like the stickered Grand Prix badge that is on the Petty edition...wow, that would be cool!

here is a pic the owner sent me

58c933e1.jpg

:lol: :lol: For some reason, birds are attracted to my friend Allen's GTP. They'll perch on his mirrors and shit on his car every single morning. He says he's going to put rice out so the birds can have a nice "breakfast" :bonk:

I think it looks like a RPE.

:thumbsup: That was easy, I told you it had a "sticker package" :lol:

oh great! The last thing we need is another one of those around here. lol j/k :wink:

If it's less than $700 you should buy it, otherwise keep looking. That's pretty high mileage for a LQ1 when you have no idea how it was treated.

If it's less than $700 you should buy it.

well that is what I was wondering about two. Everybody here knows that essentially it is just a SE with the decals/autographs etc. But that being said there were only ~1000 of them produced which should add some sort of value to them but I don't know how much. When they are on eBay the sellers always have an insane reserve and/or starting price and it never reaches it. But I figure that the "true value" has to be somewhere between the value of a standard SE and the crazy prices that people ask. But the question is where in between? Any opinions or thoughts, because I don't have a clue on this. :shrug:

Guest Anonymous

One in good condition is probably worth a couple grand? i actually had someone offer me 5k for mine, but I didn't want to sell, and not to be a bitch, but mine is in pretty good shape these days. I don't know what that one would be worth, it depends on the condition. If you had to do Timing belts and whatever else, i really dont think it would be worth it.

Did anything ever materialize with the one your looking at? 160k is alot on a 3.4.

Did anything ever materialize with the one your looking at? 160k is alot on a 3.4.

I am going up there to see it in person tonight. The mileage really doesn't scare me, I am more worried overall condition of the car. I am worried it will be beat to fuck

Well I went up there and found exactly what I was afraid of. It looked to have been riden really hard. I didn't even bother to take pics.

Cosmetic:

Obviously by looking at the pics, I knew the front air damn was gone, but the front passenger fender was missing paint up by the corner at the mini quads. In lieu of paint there was about a 4 inch circle of rust. The interior was filthy. The gear shift indication was smashed, the seats weren't ripped but were dirty as hell.

Mechanical:

The timing belt was actually in great shape by visual inspection but the owner couldn't tell me the last time it was replaced but it didn't have any cracks or fraying (sp?) at all. He had a ton of service records but I didn't go through them to see. The drivers door handle was inoperable, the window kept jumping track.

I started the car and it fired right up, but immediately on the dash the "low coolant" and some other light I didn't pay attention to lit up. I didn't pay attention because I already knew I didn't want it. I did take if for a test drive anyway. As soon as I hit the gas, I could hear/feel an exhaust leak up front ahead of the cat. The motor seemed ok and the trans shifted like it was supposed to however. The biggest thing of note was that the brake pedal was rock hard and I had to push as hard as I could to get the car to slow down, if I had to stop quickly I would have never been able to do so.

The only option it had was the power sunroof. There was no autographed visor, no dashplate either.

I am/was severely disappointed because the ad didn't mention any of the above and with the asking price I expected it to be in pretty good if not excellent shape.

Needless to say I wouldn't have offered more then $500 for it in the current condition, so I got in my Exploder and drove home. :(

how much was the asking price? It sucks when people sell items and not state the obvious.

$4k lol

are you serious, even if it were to be in very good condition...1336.gif

how much was the asking price? It sucks when people sell items and not state the obvious.

$4k lol

are you serious, even if it were to be in very good condition....

very serious, that is why I was so disappointed with it's condition. The brakes were bad to the point where I wouldn't have even driven it had I known.

Did you at least laugh at the guy, tell him the price was ridiculious and say you wouldn't offer anymore than $500 in it's crappy condition? :lol:

I know if I ever find myself in a situation like yours, I always give them a little reality check. :mrgreen: