Might be going to look at a GP .....

jeremy

All I know about it now is that it is a '92 SE with the LQ1 and some sticker package :shrug: I have to find out more details before I drive a couple hours to look at it. Here are a couple teaser pics that I got from the seller.

Qty6T41WT4kLVfWGmfSMJkVJFOjF.jpg

huWUaArn4UR96BOmPwg9iXuFolT5.jpg

9jKLCuQMkLuSM9vNCXiCh75vNFaV.jpg

VwGmfoFVhwSrvtggiCfy1cfo5dws.jpg

I thought that these were your least favorite w-bodies?

My least favorite w-body are the base/euro luminas

Out of the GPs with the factory GFX, I do prefer the 94-96 style by far to this style though. I think the '91-93 b4u is alright, it is really the front fascia of the kit that bugs me.

:lol: :lol: That's awesome. Ross and Jeremy are going to be twins! :lol:

Don't count the chickens before they hatch. :D I have limited details on this car as of right now, I can already tell by the pics that it is missing the lower airdam, so who knows what else is wrong with it :? I just hope that it actually has an option or two....but I am intrigued by it none the less.

Guest Anonymous

Chances are it has the cassette with EQ and SWRC, and thats it.

I have the dealership order forms and suggestive selling pages for the salesmen and they were supposed to push them equipped with the R6C package, which added the UX1 radio (cass w/swrc) and the B20 custom leather trim for $33 more, and thats it. Mine is the only one i've seen (based on ebay cars) that had anything decent in the way of options.

I thought that these were your least favorite w-bodies?

My least favorite w-body are the base/euro luminas

fine then!!!! :wink:

looks to be a nice car....

fine then!!!! :wink:

....no offense intended at all.....

I think I might be going to check it out on Friday after work. If I do, I will be sure to bring my camera.

did they offer a 5 speed in '92 with the DOHC in the GP's? I'm sure its an auto since you didn't state an option for the tranny. You know how many miles?

yes they did, the 284

did they offer a 5 speed in '92 with the DOHC in the GP's? I'm sure its an auto since you didn't state an option for the tranny. You know how many miles?

they did offer a 5spd, but IIRC there were only 75 or so Pettys that were equipped that way, so I would be absolutely floored if this were one of them. I am not sure on the mileage yet, they ad didn't have much information at all, and I have emailed the seller to get some pics but they took a while to get me those and they haven't responded yet with the details I asked for, which isn't too big of a deal as I will be checking it out in person on Friday.

they did offer a 5spd, but IIRC there were only 75 or so Pettys that were equipped that way, so I would be absolutely floored if this were one of them. I am not sure on the mileage yet, they ad didn't have much information at all, and I have emailed the seller to get some pics but they took a while to get me those and they haven't responded yet with the details I asked for, which isn't too big of a deal as I will be checking it out in person on Friday.

Looking at the pictures the I can tell that they aren't Petty wheels...they usually have the body color within the wheel, right? Goodluck car shopping!

they look like Petty wheels to me, they color is very subtle on the blue rims especially when taken from a distance. The "face" is still silver and the blue is on the "inside" of the crosslace.

I stole a couple pics from Ross' site to show you a side profile and then a close up

619733_32_full.jpg

619733_36.jpg

I don't have enough info about this car to make any time of decision right now, but hopefully Friday will turn out to be productive.

they look like Petty wheels to me, they color is very subtle on the blue rims especially when taken from a distance. The "face" is still silver and the blue is on the "inside" of the crosslace.

I don't have enough info about this car to make any time of decision right now, but hopefully Friday will turn out to be productive.

looking more carefully at those shots the last picture of that GP looks like the stickered Grand Prix badge that is on the Petty edition...wow, that would be cool!

Guest Anonymous
I stole a couple pics from Ross' site to show you a side profile and then a close up

619733_32_full.jpg

Of course you have to take the pic of when it was in storage, all dirty, and smoking up a storm :lol:

No it is hard to see the blue highlights from a distance, but when you get closer, they look fucking awesome. and only 75 were the 5 speeds, the 5 speed ive seen has the 5 speed as the only option :x

Things to look for are the trunk signature and the cloisonne logo on the dashboard by the glovebox. Many have seem to have "lost" those articles as ownership transfers. Also ask if they have the letter for the car. Most "lost" that too, i have mine, which is nice, but its not very important.

I just found out is has 160k on it. It sound like it is pretty basic like I had thought it would be. The miles are higher then i had wanted but I think I will still go look at it anyway :shrug: