Couple of questions about Euro trim & UB3

Grand Moff Joseph

I scored some good parts at a junkyard yesterday, the most important of which being a fully functional UB3! 8)

I'm going to get an adapter for it from stockgp, but I read through some old posts on the subject, and a few people mentioned having to do some small modification to their dash to make it fit right. However, noone went into more detail on that. So, what do I need to do? Also, someone mentioned having to extend the wires to reach the plug, but does that really have to be done, and if so, how?

Also, I found a new set of red Euro trim for my Lumina, so I can replace the pink trim on my car. Any idea how that trim attaches to the body?

Thanks in advance for the help!

GMJ

Steve,

I read through most of your thread, but I'm still unsure as to what you are trying to do. Are you trying to put the UB3 into the plastic housing for the original base cluster, and if so, why? Does it simply not fit any other way, or does this all have to do with the DIC being there as well?

Also, what's the deal with the three push buttons that are on the UB3?