mixe olds

I found two UB3's in the junk yard today! Will they work in my 94 cutlass with the analog readouts (not digital)? If so, is the wiring the same as described in the upgrade section or what do I need to know about the wire and installing it.

I put mine in and got it to work (I also have a 94) but I had to do a little bit of trial and error. everything on mine I got to work except I hadnt put the oil sender in yet, and I couldnt get it to dim right, but i spliced into the headlight switch so that when the headlights are on the ub3 is dim. I was going to do a writeup for putting the ub3 in a 94, but the car is out of commision at the moment :-( (if one has around 108 k I'll trade ya!)

I have no problem trading you are selling you the spare(j/ycost+shipping) but where would I find a oil sender and where is it located in the car? Which wire did you splice into the head light switch to make it dim?

I spliced the yellow one i believe, when i get a chance to go home and look Ill write down all the assignments. The sender you can get at autozone or some other parts store, and its right next to the oil filter. but yeah, if you find out one has around 108k miles I definitely want it (dibs!:lol:) mine says like 194k when i have about 108. if you have any more questions or whatever you can reply here or im me, im usually around

I have no problem trading you are selling you the spare(j/ycost+shipping) but where would I find a oil sender and where is it located in the car? Which wire did you splice into the head light switch to make it dim?

Having done this in my 94 ( with StockGPs adapter, check FS sticky ), I can pretty much tell you the sender isn't the problem. Since the 94s already had an oil pressure gauge, they already have the sender too.

I havent found out what exactly is the problem, but my gauge always reads full. I assume that is matt's problem as well.

Otherwise, you just have to splice the headlight switch for dimming ( its a blk/gray wire IIRC ), and the DLC ( orange or tan wire ) for the tach to work. That is assuming you buy StockGPs adapter... otherwise you'll have to re pin your whole harness. The plug looks the same, but every wire is in the wrong place...

EDIT: By the way, I have a scan of the 94s cluster pinouts, and headlight switch if you need them...

the only thing on mine that isnt working (besides the oil, which seems like wont work anyways yet) is that the cluster itself doesnt dim right. I the light bulbs on the buttons all dim correctly, but the digital stuff wouldnt, so i spliced that into the headlights (the yellow one) so that when the lights are on its at about 20% brightness, but its not adjustable with the rest.