streetdreams

yesterday at work I got a silver grandprix in for service. it had GXP Ram Air logos on the lower doors, a wrap around chin spoiler (looks like a body kit bumper that attaches to the OEM bumper) aftermarket header, dual borlas with a 12 inch resonator, enclosed CAI, and a few more aftermarket goodies

like mirror gauges face plate, satellite radio. anyways it was a really nice grand prix. N/A 3.8 I think it was an 02,03 with 60k on the odo. I was wondering is this car released from GM factory or are all these mods aftermarket right down to the logos? it was a sweet car man. I wouldnt dare overrev a customers car (out of respect) but I couldnt believe how quiet the exhaust was!! it was quieter than a OEM but had a very deep note to it.

there was no GXP in 02/03, but there was the GTX, came stock with a hood and some goodies, but not CAI or many other mods. Mainly visual, and it was L67 equipped, pretty nice car though :)

I forgot who just came out with it, but there is an aftermarket chin spoiler that goes on top of the stock bumper cover. Looks hella mean/aggressive and very nice.

I bet you 10-to-1 that guy's a member of ClubGP. There are a few guys on there with that lip spoiler.

ya not to sound like an idiot but now that I think about it, I believe it said GTX Ram Air. I remember this because I thought 'GTX is a dodge model isnt it" ya it had the hood too I forgot to mention. so I guess it was the GTX Ram Air. he had logos on the rear windows that read OOGP but they looked like they were torn or missing somthing and I thought that maybe they were supposed to say clubGP or somthin like that because they looked like that. the CAI, header, exhaust, all looked aftermarket but I must say it was the nicest 3.8 header I ever saw. it was like polished or silver powdercoated or somthin. it had a chrome STB but it looked kinda ghey. I always wanted to buy a GT and tune it up but didnt think there was alot of impressive stuff I could do to it BUT when I looked over this car I was truly impressed. any idea what kinda HP this set up might make? anyone?

sounds pretty impressive, but you say it was N/A!?

My knowledge on Gen IV GP's isn't the greatest, but i was thinking the GTX came stock L67, wierd.

if it's just the L36 then he might be pushin 230 or so i'm thinking, with headers/exhaust/CAI, maybe a bit more, closer to a stock L67 but not quite.

If it's the L67 then it'd probably be close to 285 give or take a few HP..

That's a pretty rough guess though :)

was it a coupe or sedan? Obviously if it was an 03 it'd be a sedan, but it might be a coupe if it was an 01/02 model :)

ya it was deffinatly a N/A

Ontario Quebec Club GP makes sense because the second O had a pontiac symbol thru it almost to (now that you mention it) make a Q.

obviously it was a GT turned into a GTX...the GTX is only a appearance package off of the GTP. The only addition to the L67 is the functional ram air due to the hood drawing the air directly into the airbox...I think SLP makes them. The header could be TOGS or PEMS depending on each giving an extra 20 or so horses. From what I've read in your post this guy could also have a HVTB, performance chip, and a whole bunch of goodies in that motor. Did you hear it run...maybe he installed a performance cam in it as well.

I drove it in and out and let it run for a while, only thing I noticed was it was QUIET

yeah the ram air fed right into the enclosed air box.

`so they did indeed have the L67, wich id hope so, cause whats the point if they didnt. So fullyloaded they had how much more hp, like, 240+20(pully)+10(claimed hood)+10(claimed exhaust) so thats like, 280hp! wow

READ!!!!!!! OR not. "The basic package includes ram air induction, special GTX badging to replace your standard badging, and custom GTX key fobs. Ram air adds approximately 10 horsepower to your Grand Prix, be it an SE, GT, or GTP."

Ram air adds approximately 10 horsepower to your Grand Prix, be it an SE, GT, or GTP."

that just means that if you have a 3800 97+ GP....the ram air will add 10hp

the true GTX's were upgraded GTPs only, not GTs

Ram air adds approximately 10 horsepower to your Grand Prix, be it an SE, GT, or GTP."

that just means that if you have a 3800 97+ GP....the ram air will add 10hp

the true GTX's were upgraded GTPs only, not GTs

Did you read the article????????? GTX's CAN be SE's, GT's, or GTP's to begin with. It's just an add-on package, you didn't have to have a GTP to start to get it.

Another bit from the article.....

"For the GTX, though, SLP is setting up two service centers – one in Detroit and one in Charlotte, N.C.– to convert new Grand Prix SE, GT, and GTP 3800- powered coupes and sedans to GTX specifications."