Lugnut Covers? What can I DO?

gmrulz4u

My 89 Supreme is now missing two lugnut covers(I think they're made of nylon?). I have the 16" International rims. I'm wondering, besides getting them from a wreckers or dealer, is there any aftermarket one's that I could buy instead?

The reason they keep falling off is because some are just worn, cracked etc...they don't really have that nice TIGHT fit any more...

THANKS!:)

When you do get new ones, install them with a small amount of medium strength loctite, it will keep them from vibrating off. Only drawback is that you have to do it every time you remove a wheel.

You can get the lug nut covers at either autozone or advance auto parts....they have some orange bins they keep in back of the counter that they keep them in...most of thier people wont know they have them or what you are talking about....just ask them if you can go through the drawers....they should be in either the last or second to last lug nut drawer.... they are there... I was a psm at auto zone and asst. manager at advance and I know what they have even if they don't

hope this helps....they go from 1.99 to 3.99 each depending on which store it is

I don't even give a crap about them anymore, which is sad. My mind puts them on priority when:

-I haven't done, nor need to do anything to the car in the near future which would require wheel removal

-the damn weather gets warmer

-I find all of them

Otherwise I average about 2-3 per "recently removed" wheel lol. Ive been finding them all over the place: between seats, under my desk, underwear drawer....

Guest Anonymous

That's the way I feel. I got tired of taking them off and since each wheel was missing a couple I took them all off. Then I found two baggies full of them in the trunk. :roll: I'm going to leave them on the new GP since they are white and match the wheels.

I was looking in the glove box yesterday when putting my speakers in and found the lugnut remover for those stupid lugnuts also.

I HAVE 18 I NEED TO GET RID OFF!!!

I just took the stock lug nuts and covers off and put on some aftermarket ones I got from ctx (guy on here)

Ill take a pic or soemthign tonight to make sure they are the same.

Ill give em to you cheap

Anyone else want some, PM me

Jon

See, ive never seen em at my yard, that or wheels.

IF anyone wants some, Ill give em out cheap. No need for them at all. I was tired of them anyways, you would have to take them and the nuts off to do anyhting.

Were doing the same thing to debs truck too. Mopar makes a lug like ours, but then a metal tip. Well, after having the wheel off a few times, the tip comes looks from the nut, and fell off. When we had the front end redone (contol arms, sway bar, bushings, etc) cause it was squeaking, we lost like a total of 4

Jon

How much including shipping?

It's always much easier to get something in the mailbox than it is to take a day off work to make a trip to the JY. :) Unluckily for me, my work schedule coincides with JY operating hours.

These aren't something they keep out in the open. When I asked about them, the guy led me into a back room, "Employees Only", where they had several big barrels full of the caps and lugnuts.