whats better

streetdreams

:shrug: Doesn't mean they couldn't. When I changed headgaskets on my '89 at 168k, you could still see the crosshatching hone marks on the cylinder walls. It was still "Like New" on nothing more than cheap-ass Wal-mart SuperTech oil and ~5000-mile oil changes.

No offense, but I'm more likely to believe an engineer who graduated with a masters in mechanical engineering and makes big bucks at GM studying this stuff than what you "learnt" at some tech school taught by guys whose only qualifications are some ASE type certification.

There was even a test on this in Consumer Reports done on NYC taxicabs if you're not convinced by the GM Techlink articles.

ASE? your joking right, I'm pretty sure at GM Canadian headquarters we were actually taught by a professor who graduated with a masters degree in mechanical engineering among other things. But I do agree, your findings prove your walmart oil is doing somthing right.