Interesting junkyard finds!

Grand Moff Joseph

Went junkyard hopping today, and found some intersting things:

1. I found a 1992 Lumina owner's manual, which seemed fairly normal, until I found the accompanying cassette tape! I don't think I've ever laughed at my own car that much until I listened to that tape! :lol:

2. Full owner's manual and booklet set for a 1992 GP. Lots of cool info inside. If anyone wants it, let me know.

3. I saw three buicks with hoods that open in a reverse fashion (hinges are on the front of the hood, not the back). I never knew they did that! :?:

Also, for those in/near Albany, NY:

I saw a Pontiac 6000 LE that still had plenty of parts left on it and a 1996 Grand Prix SE with a (almost) untouched tan interior! All dash parts are still there! :shock:

I got one of those "orientation" cassettes with my old 93 Cavalier :lol: . I wonder if it was a Chevy-only "option?"

The Buick LeSabre had the "clamshell" hood from 86-91 (IIRC, the Park Avenue did as well...)

Cool finds....but christ I hate those hoods. My RX-7 opens like that and it is a pain in the ass to work on anything under the hood...gotta protect the fenders very well because you have to continously lean over them, etc...

hahah man back in the day when I first started workin on cars, I had a park ave or lesabre whatever kind it is that comes with those hoods. anyways I went to shut it and one of the rails caught the hinge and bent that hood right in half!! I learnt my lesson, you never slam one of those hoods, YOU SLIDE THEM!! damn thing looked like a tent over his engine bay when I was done with it

Cool finds....but christ I hate those hoods. My RX-7 opens like that and it is a pain in the ass to work on anything under the hood...gotta protect the fenders very well because you have to continously lean over them, etc...

:werd:

Some guys like to convert their hoods to open backwards, I guess because it's different, but just seems retarded to me. It's a lot less practical. The only exception was the 86 Saab 900 Turbo I had for awhile. Its engine was completely backwards with the belts and pulleys at the firewall, so at least in that car there was actually a good reason to have the backwards hood.