alternatives to the standard antenna?

frusciante fan

i think my antenna looks like hell. ever since i got my new cd deck in it i get half the stations i used to with the old radio. so i'm guessing the genius who installed it didn't hook it up right. to make matters worse there's this black sealant stuff all around the base because they though my trunk leaked and that was causing it. anyway i'm wondering if there's something else i could use instead of my standard antenna.

also would i be able to maybe just cut it off clean, bondo, and sand it?

Well you could possibly get the style that goes in the rear window or frint window....but on a w-body that would have to be a custom glass job. My mom's Acura has the anteanna in the rear window, and my dad's old 87 suburban had the antenna in the front window.

You could also swap in a generic electric antenna that goes down with the radio being on or off.

Or you could also just run a length of wire under the dash or something and hook that to your deck, but that is sort of hillbilly style lol.

Just make sure the installer plugged in the antenna lead.

I have an antenna that sticks on my winshield its clear with you copper wires going through it... I bought it when I had my z34's old antenna shaved off... pm me if your interested.....