Grounds on a 92 Cutlass Supreme

pitzel

Another post I just read here makes me suspect I have a good old fashioned grounding problem, especially since I get huge voltage drops when running accessories such as the heater, rear defroster, etc. Plus the fuel sensor in the DIS I added does not work properly, and a few other things with the DIS are screwy.

Anyone know of where to look in particular? A listing of the ground connections?

Sounds more like an alternator issues then a grounding issue. I recently added a ground from the battery to the chassis, but I would take the car over 2 autozone and let them load test it for free.

lol was that my thread, in my 3.1, theres 2 grounds right in front on the drivers side of the car, and the chassis to Block and ABS grounds right under the air box for you, u have to remove the batter and air box to get to it, and its a strange screwy thing, u gotta take off the first nut that holds on the chassis to blcok ground, then u take a 4mm socket and take off the post, and under that is the ABS grounds, they get really rusty, so it might not be a bad idea to clean them