Another fuel pump dies !

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

Well, About a month ago my brother in-law bought his first w body for $100.He thought it was going to be cheap to fix it! Ha to his poor skills to fix anything :lol: He thought he was going to change the gas tank and use the old sender & pump. But that lasted 20 miles the car ran great then he had to pump the pedal to get it home? I took off the feed line had some psi. But then I told to turn the key on but no engine :P OK i should have had a shower of gas but got a drop in stead. out it came again doing the job twice sucks when you told him the first time to get new stuff!

Guest TurboSedan

you really don't have to pull the fuel line off to check for pressure, as there is a schrader valve on the fuel rail for that.

dropping the tank to replace the pump sucks. it was a nightmare the first time i did it, but the second time wasn't nearly as bad. i have to do it again soon...damn level sender i put in does the same thing as the last one (car runs out of gas with 1/2 tank on the gauge) :bash:

Do newer cars have a cutout in the trunk so you can get to the pump without dropping the gas tank?
Yep, the 2nd Generation W-Bodies do - right underneath the back seat's lower cushion...