Lighted ignition key ring

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Would it be possible to add a lighted ignition key ring? Does anyone know of any "universal" ones? My firends corolla has one, and I really like the feature.

Guest Anonymous

I figure wiring would be easy on it, just fitting one would be the hardest part... I'm not sure if the key cylinders are the same general size or not.

Anything is possible! I've thought about it before. Maybe you can add a thin lexan ring around the ignition cylinder and light it with an LED.

:withstupid: i would just pull out the cylinder and make a plexi ring to go around it. bakclight it with an led then slap it back together

Why the hell would you need it when you have keyless entry???

Ignition key....so at night when you wann start the car it is easier to find the ignition and you don't scratch thew column all up trying to find the ignition.

My mom's Acuras has one, I love that feature.

My RX-7 has one as well which I like because it doesn't have tilt steering and you can't see the ignition once you are sitting in the car lol

They're kind of useless... can't say I've EVER not found the ignition, but I've thought about putting one in just because glowing rings of light = cool.

Lol I can always find the ignition at night as well, however it was obvisous my grandma didn't know where it was because the coloumn is scratched to shit!

Guest Anonymous
Why the hell would you need it when you have keyless entry???

My car has the stupid light keyring on the door, which is pointless becuase i do have keyless entry. However, i like the glowing keyring at the ignition becuase it looks cool and does help somewhat when its dark, becuase when i get in i don't always start the car right away.

If you relocated it you won't have the ignition lock where the steering wheel locks, but I don't use that anyway....

i'd say it is possible, just some fabricating and alot of work :D

I want to relocate my ignition to the console like in Saab's think it's possible?

Very possible, you can even stay GM... just use the ignition switch from many late-model GM's because they're mounted in the dash.

What I want is a RF ID type pushbutton ignition like the Cadillac XLR and Lexus GS has.

I was thinking of doing something along those lines as well.

My idea was to take one of those fancy Microsoft keyboards with the finger print scanner or the standalone(click to see pic). Rip out the scanner and mount it in my car. Use that instead of a key for ignition. I don't know if this is at all possible but it would be fucken cool.

Guest Anonymous

IIRC, it (was) a violation of auto safety regulations... becuase you can bust your kneecap on the key in crash. They outlawed it in the 50's and I'm not sure what ever became of that.

I want to relocate my ignition to the console like in Saab's think it's possible?

u mean like the grand ams so its not on the steering colum, but on the dash sorta thing?

my uncle's range rover has it there also.... whenever i drive it i go to grab for the keys on the column and it takes me a second to find them.... I don't really like it, because if you have other keys/keychains, they end up scratching up the console because they just lay there, instead of freely hanging down.

I don't really like it, because if you have other keys/keychains, they end up scratching up the console because they just lay there, instead of freely hanging down.

Yep, exactly why I didn't like it.

I don't think Saabs have their ignition keys there anymore, but I could be wrong.