water on floorboards!!!HELP!!!!

95aquase

so i woke up this morning....my windows up and all that jazz...no way water should have made it in....it rained like 5 in....or so....so i open my door up and i see water!! bout 1-2in. on the back floorboards above carpet..and the carpet is soaked in the front...i need help!! i need to know what this is..no my coolant isnt leaking. my windows were up... so its neither of those...but i dont know what it is..help me

PLEASE!!!!

brings a new meaning to your screenname, but anyway....

Check the weatherstripping particularly where it's curved the most. Thats where they tend to leak, usually at the bottom corner below the door striker.

Roll down your window, open the door, and place a dollar bill in front of the weatherstripping, then close the door so half of the bill is outside the car and the other half is inside. Grab the bill at both ends and try to pull it back and forth. If there's no resistance when you tug on the bill, then your weatherstripping is shot...

Air stack under the windshield wipers on the passenger side is letting water that runs down the windshield to enter and run into the car.

That's what I was going to say check stuff around the cowl, it might leak there too.

Check your spare tire well. If it's got any water in it, it's a trunk leak that's making it's way down into the cabin. Trust me it's not difficult for that to happen.

actually I remember a procedure to check for a leak back when my old car had a similar issue. What you do is tape the vents closed that are in the door jamb, just under the door latch/striker. Next you start the car, turn on the ventilation (keep it on fresh air, not recirc (MAX) ) close all windows and doors. Use soapy water if needed or just feel around for air escaping. That will at least narrow down your search area. Note that there will be air escaping near the door handles and door frame drain hole(s) as this is normal.