Kelyess entry WIRING

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've done the searches, and have had a few questions answered already, but...

How do you wire in a keyless entry into a car that doesnt have it? I pulled everything out of the parts car, the box, the wiring harness, the grounding plug(s), etc... i traced the wires all the way back behind the dash were I had cut them... Should I have gone further? I didnt find anything about keyless entry wiring in the other threads...

Guest Anonymous

Please do, that would be awesome. I have the box with a rats nest of wires, i got them to behind the glovebox and couldn't go further. I cut the big tan wire off all the way around to the driver door, and pulled it through. The big orange and black appear to be standard power and ground, but there is a green (?) and blue(?) smaller wire that I'm unsure of, plus whatever else is in there.

Here's the 4 pages of diagrams from my STE supplement:

keyless1.jpg

keyless2.jpg

keyless3.jpg

keyless4.jpg

If you want me to email these to you so you can see them better, I will. But, I figured I'd also post them for anyone else interested.

Guest Anonymous

You know now I just realized that i have the service manuals for the 1992 GP.... DUH... i'm looking at it more closely now... but THANKS for posting those pictures... The manual really doesnt explain much about the wiring though, I;'m finding their diagrams rather diificult to understand... I have most of the wires figured out now, But i'm still tinkering with the thicker orange, black, and tan ones.

project deffinatly is a PITA...i'm not sure if the one in my cutlass is the same as your prix or not...BRIAN P sent me a copy of the service manual, but i was having a hard time understanding it as well...

anywayz, i'm not sure what you need help with...but the door lock relay's are under the drivers side carpet, right in front of the hood release...i still don't have my trunk release wired up yet because i'm kinda confused about how its supposed to be wired...

Guest Anonymous

My service manual doesnt really explain anything at alll in the way of wiring which is odd, becuase every other subject is in full detail. It doesnt even give me the pinouts... all it really seems to explain is where the big orange wire goes.

i thought it was as simple as traceing the entire harnas back to the C200 under the dash and unpluging it there, and pluging it in in your car??