Washer Fluid leaking like CRAZY...

gmrulz4u

Just recently I've discovered that I have a bad leak with my Windshield Washer Fluid. So bad that when I filled it completely to the top, it all leaked out in a span of about 10 minutes or less. Someone said that it's a common thing for one of the hoses to fall off of the resevoir with my type of car, an 89 Cutlass. Has anyone heard of this being a regular occurance? How many hoses are connected to the resevoir? Because if I look down in I can see a hose IS connected, but maybe there's more than one?

Is it easy to remove the resovoir to check what's going on?

Thanks!:)

I think you just have to remove the positive battery cable and the two plastic clippy things that you can never reuse. I broke them getting it out and now my tank is pretty much free balling in there. :?

I had my Windshield Washer Fluid leaking out of the resovoir on my 94 Cuttlass. It was not from a bad hose but the tip of the pump that goes into the resovoir was broken. All I had to do was replace the pump, Two dollor item from the junk yard.

I had the pump go bad on 2 of my cars, and at the same time, both of them were leaking out from around where the rubber grommet fits into the tank. Luckily the new washer pump includes a new grommet. New grommet = no more leaks...

In mine its just a little screw on washer holding the top, and those 2 retainer clips, u can reuse them, just use like a paint can opener or somthing, and wedge them up, and they are like butterfly screws, only like nails, and u just slide them back in and push down and they staym easy as that, the main hose wich is pretty big is right under there, so it may have slipped off