I saw my first TGP today!

OldsmoBeast

I've been keeping my eyes open for GPs with hood vents (in either black or red) just around town here and hoping that i'd catch one eventually and it finally happened! My dad's out of town and i had the day off school so I took the Lexus out for a little spin with some friends and i was racing a lowered Mazda truck down Weber street here in Waterloo (I kicked his ass of course), when i noticed the TGP crossing the next intersection. It was black with the hood vents, i didn't get a good glimpse at the rims but from the corner of my eye they looked like gold crosslace, he had one foglight burnt out and was going in the opposite direction of me......this was maybe at around 530ish? i can't quite remember. I wonder if that's anyone on here?

PS: I also caught some extra badging on the trunk of that TGP...i didn't catch what it said.

i think maybe you saw a slightly newer gtp. As far as I know, and Icould be wrong, there are no TGP's here in canada. the only diff. between the two is the front end. and engine of course.

it was the older bodystyle and it had hood vents on both sides. it didn't have scoops they were vents......so yah i dunno

Did it have 4 little headlights in the nose or two larger flush mount headlights?

what are you talking about no foglights? i dont have a TGP but i have the same exact front end to the T except for the lower valence. The lights in the center despite the picture are 100% bright ass yellow

lights.jpg

they all do...they have to. maybe he just meant he personally hasnt seen a TGP with them FUNCTIONING because 75% of all GPs i see are missing the yellow lense inside the assembly.

it was the older bodystyle and it had hood vents on both sides. it didn't have scoops they were vents......so yah i dunno

Did it have 4 little headlights in the nose or two larger flush mount headlights?

couldn't tell...it went by fast and i wasn't paying that much attention

Hummm! I thought they were dl lights cause mine are white. And no after 13 years of owning the car have I ever seen them on. I guess I should read the book. Maby it will tell how to reset my trip computer too. It keeps telling me to change the oil and rotate the tires. Oh well I am not in ca anymore so don't need them here. I stand corrected.

ismellrealbad, You are right on. Both my lights have an amber tube laying in the bottom. Must have been form the rear ender years ago. Looks like they go on the three prongs sticking out of the light socket. Oh what fun to get them back on. Dosen't really matter I just like everything to work the way it's suppose to. Thanks

you can do it, but its tricky. I learned that those things are glass, and not plastic (i tried pulling it out of the assembly, but it was too big for the hole, so i yanked on it thinking it was plastic and it would bend thru but it just shattered all over the inside and i threw that foglight out). you need some long thin needle nose pliers OR you can use two straight paper clips to grasp it then seat it in the prongs, then if ur needlenose pliers werent long enough before, they should be now, use them to seat it properly in the prongs. If the inside of the clear outer lense is dirty, good luck cleaning it, i havent found a way yet. u can clean the yellow lense with a wet Q-tip (good to do, youll get more yellow out of the foglight)