question of opinion for those GP owners out there

streetdreams

why buy a Mustang over a GTO? becuase of them money, i wouldnt expect u to go out and buy a base model mustang, loaded there as much as a loaded GTO, plus the GTO is GM and has 400hp, compared to the mustands wimpy 300, lol.

Yeah but the Mustang is pretty damn close when you compare 0-60 and 1/4mile times. Plus Mustangs are cheap and easy to mod- just as with the Chev V8 you can bolt on mods and make'm faster. Anyways, I don't want to start another GTO vs Stang thread..

The only reason I liked domestic cars in the first place was because I liked the sleek aero styling of the late 80's and 90's cars, and I liked their cool toys like digital dashes, DICs, and HUDs. I liked their simple, reliable, pushrod powerplants.

Now that most domestics are ugly and interior eye candy is gone, I couldn't care less where the car came from. Like has been said, parts on many GM cars are from China or Mexico. Many imports are built in the US. I really don't care where it's made, just how well it's designed and built.

That said, if I ever buy a 2000+ model year car, it WON'T be a domestic.

(Shawn)well this'02 that I have is no different than the '97,'98,'99 models...although I know your not a huge fan of this genreation of GP's

Actually I think you've got me confused with someone else... I've always been a fan of the 97-03's since they came out. It's the 04+ I don't like.

Only reasons I wouldn't consider one is I'd like my next car to be bigger, V8, AWD, and more luxurious.

(Shawn)well this'02 that I have is no different than the '97,'98,'99 models...although I know your not a huge fan of this genreation of GP's

Actually I think you've got me confused with someone else... I've always been a fan of the 97-03's since they came out. It's the 04+ I don't like.

Only reasons I wouldn't consider one is I'd like my next car to be bigger, V8, AWD, and more luxurious.

sounds like you would be lookin at something like the 5/7 series BMW's.

You know I'm not real crazy about the '04 style, but theer is a guy over at clubgp that has a ground effect kit on his that looks very nice....I'll try to find a picture of it.

Yeah, I've considered a previous gen 7-series BMW, but the current 7-series is fugly. They're RWD only though. Right now I think my next car (should the wife ever get bored of her convertible) will be an Audi A8.

Yeah, the STS is AWD and is pretty much everything I'd want in a car... BUT I don't share your opinion on the Caddy's looks. IMO, the new Cadillac style is very ugly... I actually liked the old Seville STS a million times better in looks. There's this CTS that I see occasionally on my nightly walks. Some kid owns it and he's real proud of it, has 20's on it and everything. Everytime I walk by it, I think, "dude, that car is butt-ass ugly". As much as I hate the new BMW's, I think the new Caddy's are uglier.

Yeah, the STS is AWD and is pretty much everything I'd want in a car... BUT I don't share your opinion on the Caddy's looks. IMO, the new Cadillac style is very ugly... I actually liked the old Seville STS a million times better in looks. There's this CTS that I see occasionally on my nightly walks. Some kid owns it and he's real proud of it, has 20's on it and everything. Everytime I walk by it, I think, "dude, that car is butt-ass ugly". As much as I hate the new BMW's, I think the new Caddy's are uglier.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...when it comes to BMW's I'm all about the 3 series

It's a better looking 04, but I think same rims and tint on a 97-03 would look a lot better.

oh believe me, the chrome evo's look totally hot on the 2nd generation GP's.....probably my favorite wheels, but they weight a ton! I wanted to show that one since it does show some potential.

I wanted to show that one since it does show some potential.

Sort of. Still has that beak-like grille and big googly headlights. It's kind of like putting makeup on Janet Reno.

I wanted to show that one since it does show some potential.

Sort of. Still has that beak-like grille and big googly headlights. It's kind of like putting makeup on Janet Reno.

like Janet Reno...wow thats a messed up analogy rauch04.gif