dohc gas mileage

chronic139

would anybody with the 3.4 dohc mind telling me what kind of mileage they get. I just want to know how many miles or km you get to a full tank. And possibly the driving conditions that these numbers were achieved. Thanks in advance

Most of the time I get 450-500 Km's a tank when I'm not beating on it.

but it's winter right now...and I just put the FFP chip in..so I haven't had the chance to check out what milage is now

You mean to tell me you DOHC guys are only getting 17.5 to 19.5 MPG???????? Seems like quite a penalty for better breathing and higher performance. (I could have estimated this wrong....but seems pretty low to me)

Kilometers to Miles-divide by 1.6

Miles to Miles/gallon-divide by 16(tank size)

Let me know more on the subject if I've figured this wrong.

i did a 350 mile drive, about 20 miles was country roads, 50 was single lane mountains, speed limit varied from 35-50, the rest was turnpike 55-70mph with alot of hills. i got 25mpg the whole trip and my torque converter doesnt lock up.

With being in Denver / Fort Collins @ 5200ft. with no modifcations (except wires + drop-in filter) on 85 regular octane I get around 18 city and almost 27 highway... (4T60-E with lockup) Pretty good I think on a 11 year old car with 172K miles...

- RedFox340

All of my driving is around town and the car usually doesnt get a chance to get to operating temp. I only get about 16. I need new plugs and such though. Anyone else notice their DIC computes the average MPG wrong? Mine says I'm getting 12.8 which I know is way too low.

When i used to have my 94 CS with 3.4 DOHC, the most i ever did on a tank was 240miles but average was about 200miles, i was little dissapointed in it since the most i did in my Mustang with 4.6 was 320miles on a highway and in the city about 220 but i still think tha CS was better build than Mustang.

so how would I compute my litres/100km because I really dont like the DIC average that 1 get. would it just be the total km I get to a tank divided by the #of litresin the tank?

my 94 cutlass converible barely gets 16 - 17 mpg , lots of back road driving up and down the hills , I do very good to get 240 out of a tank of 87 oct. but like most others , even with only 53 K miles , its past tune up time ...... the only thing I miss from my Accord was the mileage , 400 per tank !! Steve

hey if you need to ask you cant afford :lol: really, they or at least mine sucks on gas milage when I top off the tank, the best I ever got was 250miles and I ran out of gas, but that is town/highway, I never got that again cuz i drive my car hard, so I normaly get 225-230 per tank. I know its not mpg but I'm retarded and don't want to figure it out.

well anybody in ontario knows that gas is getting very expensive here, so i am on a mission to suck all the mileage i can out of mine. right now im getting almost 400 km in the city.

• 2 weeks later...

sh*t..

I got 355 ou of my last tank..... you guys really need to take your foot out of your cars...... :lol:

355/14.7g=24.014 MPG with mostly in town driving......

now that my car sits lower to the ground... I might get 25 out of her...lol

(Im almost done replacing my struts/mounts/bearing plates/front springs/rear sway bar.. I cant waite to drive it :D )

later

Joe