What about a build sheet?

Euro

Discussing with my dad on what i wanna do next to my car the other night, i told him about doing a bucket seat swap....he asked if knew where the build sheet was...and i had no clue, never occured to me where it is

So im asking the huge chunk of you guys that have taken your interiors apart many a time.....have you ever found it?

would it be inside a seat? our monte(see sig pic) is probably located in the drivers seat

any ideas? answers?

thanks guys :D

I've taken everything but the carpet out of my car, and never found anything resembling an old school build sheet.

I think the SPID in the trunk is the closest we've got.

Guest Anonymous

I think the SPID in the trunk is the closest we've got.

:withstupid:

Yepp. If you had a pontiac, you can get one from pontiac Historic services, they had a facsimile of the one for my car. Its like $35 and you get all sorts of paperwork.

its basically a detailed version of the SPID(the thing with the RPO codes in the trunk) tells when /where the cars built..what date etc

Was an interesting question i had....doesnt look like we've got em...thanks guys!

Yepp. If you had a pontiac, you can get one from pontiac Historic services, they had a facsimile of the one for my car. Its like $35 and you get all sorts of paperwork.

Can you post some scans of those? I'm kinda interested in that.

i found the one for my monte under the passengers seat, but ive had everything but the front dash out of my grand prix and have unturned nothing.

damn we looked there for the one for our monte...with no luck :cry:

Um, vaguely remember where that was?

Those build sheets could be anywhere... and not all cars had them... kinda ended up being trash that was thrown in and became collectable.

Older cars used to have them on top of the gas tank. My Vette and Venturas' were both there. I've pulled the gas tank on an almost brand new Taurus and the build sheet was on there, I felt bad for a split second about throwing it away until I realized it was a Taurus. I guess lots of techs might have said the same thing about all of our cars back in the '90s.