delete meh

Rabbi

where is the IAC on these cars?

i will be checking my brake booster hose again today, It is on the plenum but im not sure how tight it is on the master cylinder

i will be checking my brake booster hose again today, It is on the plenum but im not sure how tight it is on the master cylinder

The IAC is attached to the throttle body, on the backside of it, and it should be a cylinder with 4 wires coming out of it, and is held in by 2 small bolts.

One more thing. It could be your IAC. When mine went bad, it stuck open, but only idled at about 2k, not much higher. To check this, pull off your airbox. Then if you look into the throttle body, you can see the IAC passage on the backside. Cover this with your fingers. If you sucks, and puts suction on your fingers, and the idle changes, your IAC is bad. It should not be open, thus not sucking in any air.

The IAC is attached to the throttle body, on the backside of it, and it should be a cylinder with 4 wires coming out of it, and is held in by 2 small bolts.

One more thing. It could be your IAC. When mine went bad, it stuck open, but only idled at about 2k, not much higher. To check this, pull off your airbox. Then if you look into the throttle body, you can see the IAC passage on the backside. Cover this with your fingers. If you sucks, and puts suction on your fingers, and the idle changes, your IAC is bad. It should not be open, thus not sucking in any air.

i was under the impression that was the EGR Valve? when i got a new gasket for it i even asked for an egr valve gasket and got the correct gasket i needed. Maybe i am thinking of something else though.

Anyway i noticed that there is a small electrical connector not plugged into anything, And it has a blue weather seal type thing on it for when its plugged in. I Dont remember unplugging this so i have no idea if it was even plugged in. It is right behind the throttle body, or atleast behind and to the right of it.

Im getting a friends digital camera tommarow to take pictures.

also just like to add that my car is 100% stock and was running excellent before the timing belt blew, So i dont see why the IAC would all the sudden die, But then again im no mechanic.

IAC's go bad, the one on my red Z34 was. here is a pic of what they look like, and apporximately where your's will be, but not exactly since this isn't stock. You did change the EGR gasket, the IAC doesn't have one.

The IAC bolts right onto the throttle body portion of the IM. Here it is the brass cylinder right on the throttle body:

P5180045.jpg

ok cool i was thinking of the egr then.

how many wires plug into the IAC? just the big one? Because i have a blue wire that i cannot for the love of god figure out where it goes, it wont reach anywhere.

also according to this diagram

vac-lines.jpg

i should have the dark blue & yellow hose / line hooked up near the throttle body. But i dont even think i have that period. Did the 91 3.4 come with those? Maybe i forgot those.

umm, i think it would idle low and rough, untill it warms up, cause the o2 doesnt know what the hells going on till its fully warmed up, correct? so the engine would be running horribly lean, making it run bad. thats just what i would think.....

update :

i found a very small hose that looks like a vaccum line. It comes up from by the throttle body and could reach the throttle body. I will be getting pictures soon. Its about 1/4th the size of a ciggerete in diameter

this hose was connected to nothing. Maybe this is my problem?

FIXXED!

the above was my problem and i figured it out all by myself :D

thanks alot for your help guys, i cant belive i forgot something so stupid like this .

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys my high idle is back, I Guess it was never fixxed, I Dont know why it idles normal there for a little while but the high idle is back. I Havent driven the car since. Still after a few minutes of running the car starts smoking from around the front manifold. Keep in mind the head gaskets were fine before the timing belt swap so they should still be fine (i pray)

anyway, What else could be causing this high idle? Ive checked all the vacume lines a hundred times each and none are loose or cracked.

This is really starting to bug the piss out of me, Since im guessing the smoking is caused from the three thousand rpm idle.

Is it ok to drive it like this guys?