Rear sensor..

bve32k

There is this one sensor on the back of the 3.4L DOHC right under the exhuast manifold. There is no wire on my harness that fits it..Do I need it?

and yes you need that.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

It does sound like the knock sensor. THis is under the exhaust manifold, it should be a brass cylinder with a single wire coming from it. And yes, you need it...lol

Without it your motor will make NO power. I got beat by a carb'd 2.8l Firebird when mine was bad.

It could also be the crank sensor. The reason I say this is becuz the wiring for that is not part of the harness itself, it simply goes strait from the sensor to the ignition module. This is located where you say, but lower, it basically goes into the oil pan, and is right between the oil pan and block.

It's like a cylinder where a wire connects to it..There is no wire coming from it. I just found out the 95 and 96 are different so it won't go in..I have to go buy one..

You need to find the wire. Your motor is pulling timing about 13* because of that. My old Lumina ran terrible when that was bad.

Yah he's right, it will make it run absolutely horrible.

I had to replace the sensor..I am using a 96 GP engine and I guess it has different sensors than the 95 engine. I replaced the Knock sensor in the back and it fit with the harness now..Is there another Knock sensor on the front of the engine too? In about the same place? There isn't another wire on the harness for the sensor. I looked at my old engine too and there isn't one on the front neither, but there is one on the 96.

Thanks guys!

I had to replace the sensor..I am using a 96 GP engine and I guess it has different sensors than the 95 engine. I replaced the Knock sensor in the back and it fit with the harness now..Is there another Knock sensor on the front of the engine too? In about the same place? There isn't another wire on the harness for the sensor. I looked at my old engine too and there isn't one on the front neither, but there is one on the 96.

Thanks guys!

There should only be 1 IIRC, but maybe the 96-97 had 2. The sensor on the front is probably the extra crank or oil level sensor added in 1994.

What are you trying to do? A 96 swapped into a 94-95 car?