What is this thing! (AC CONDENSOR TUBE! NEED HELP last page)

Prospeeder

I have been having some elctrical issues, and a dude over on TGP forums said somthing about a boot on the b+ termial of the altenator, or somthing like that, but im having problems, likek if u press the brake, the interior lights and dash lights dim, or if the fans come on or u plug somthing into the cig lighter, the lights said dim, and the Antilock light is on, even tho i dont have a PM3 problem, so what is this? i found it under my car

boot3.jpg

boot2.jpg

boot1.jpg

Your electrical problems are most likely stemming from a loose cable. Try tightening down the nut on your Auxillary Positive Post, along with snugging up the battery cables...

Maybe that thing like releases water from your a/c.. but that's just a wild guess i dunno.

I think your right!

Check all your grounds and cables for corrosion.

so then wheres it go? i mean, wheres the a/c release water? il check my battery stuff, thanks a bunch, is there a better way to get to the freaking battery, its like burried under all that crap, how do i get to the battery and wheres the ground for it

is there a better way to get to the freaking battery, its like burried under all that crap, how do i get to the battery and wheres the ground for it
You'll have to remove the strut tower-to-header panel "cross brace," then remove the washer tank (you may have to unbolt and swing the fuse box out of the way slightly to get the washer tank out.) You should have clear access to the battery after that.

The ground cable should be mounted to the engine block (it is on most cars, not sure about a TGP...)

That is almost certainly something that would connect one of those small, plastic vacuum lines to a fuel pressure regulator or something... It's that kind of connector anyway...

About the problem youre having... I'd check all your grounds, lights coming on when you press something else and shit is normally the grounds being fucked up and confusing the computer...

Mike

mmmkay thanks all! great help youv all been, im tearing apart half the fucking car just to get to the retarded battery :roll: not really, but that damn intercooler piping needs to move, and i dont wanna break it, its on there tight! and yes i unscrewd the little clamp

ok, so hwo do i replace this, some1 told me ill need to rotate the motor forward, if i do, fuck, ill replace the plugs too if i do that, but i dunno where it goes, they say that if i dont replace it the ac condensation will go into my floor boards, and i dont want that, so how do u replace this

That is definitly the turn-down for the AC's drain off. When water was pouring onto the floor of the pass side in his Lumina, a cloggy one of those was the culprit. I don't know about your car, but on his 98, it was against the firewall, almost in the center, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down. There will be about a 1/2" nipple just sticking out of the firewall. The large end slides over it. You may be able to see it from the top (on our Lumina, you can), otherwise it is definitly accessable from the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i have a new one coming from the dealer, and i cannot find where it goes, does anyone have a better discription at what it looks like, and where it is. Or even better, a pic of it, i havent a clue what im looking for really

ok, how the hell does it go on, does the big open end go in the hole and slip onto somthing or what?! i cannt figure it out, i got a new one, its been well, changed, it says for 88-90 W-bodies, its just like, short little fat one with a hole in it, looks NOTHING like the old one, at all, i dont understand how it goes on

see the new short fat one, thats the one thats replaced the old one, how are they supose to go on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Trouble%20Shoot%20Pics/100_0830Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Trouble%20Shoot%20Pics/100_0829Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Trouble%20Shoot%20Pics/100_0828Medium.jpg