quite the humerous find at the junkyard........

Crimson Fury Z

......while getting the turn signal switch from a 91 euro*, i saw a tape, yes, a tape on the floor board.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/bokkire_jin/misc_pics/91lumitape.jpg

great condition! the tape itself needs cleaned, a little muffling on the audio, thats it! it talks about the power train, features, and suspensions from the base up to the z34. i have yet to listen to side 2.

*- damn switch still doesn't work right! still have to hold it either down or up. i think the whole section from the firewall to the steering wheel needs replaced! the clickity switch part(s) that the signal stalk hits for the high and low beams is busted, stuck on low. fubar'ed i say!

Guest TurboSedan

i actually have the cassette audio for a '91 Grand Prix STE in .mp3 format :lol:

it sounds like the brass contacts in your turn signal switch need to be cleaned and/or bent outwards for better contact.

I have the orginal one from my old '92 still in the plastic wrapping.

I don't know how the owner could've have listened to it, because it was optioned with a Bose radio.

Always buy NEW signal light switches. They are a common thing to wear out on w-bodys. On my 88' GP I had mine replaced, but then I went and put a whole other column in it (I wanted one with radio buttons). Then the switch wore out on that one, so I had to "retrofit" the one from my old column to work, knowing that I would lose use of the radio buttons. :lol:

The one on my 95 was worn out when i bought the car, so that was like $130 or something for a new one, but at least I don't have to worry about it.

I have the orginal one from my old '92 still in the plastic wrapping.

I don't know how the owner could've have listened to it, because it was optioned with a Bose radio.

I had the same question with my old Euro3.4....it came with a tape, but had a factory CD deck :?