Hooking up sensors..

bve32k

I just put the engine back in the car yesterday and was going to start hooking it up today. But ran into a problem. The sensors in the back of the engine. Having problems reaching them. Was I supposed to take the wiring harness out of the car and then hook it up to the engine when it is out?

I am going to try to wire it all up inside the car because I am not taking the engine all the way back out! I had to lift it up a little bit just to get the rear ones on the passanger side, but I should be kind of fine for the rest of them now.

the alternator, knock, O2, speed, and crank sensors are the hard 1s to get to while the harness is out. plugging the firewall plug in isnt easy either, but im sure ya got that 1 figured out.

Good luck

Guest TurboSedan

please keep the sensor problems you are having to one thread so it doesn't clutter up the section. i see you started three threads that are all about the same thing.

Well, it looks like I have to reply in this thread because the other one I need to reply in is locked. One is about where this wire goes and the other one is about the Knock sensor and the other one kind of repeats a little bit. Well..here is the link to the pictures that are there.

My guess is the wire that comes up from the top like that is for the coil packs. ON the 96 the coil packs are on the top passanger side and the 95 they are on the bottom front of the engine. THe other wire I have that looks just like that wire coming up is all dirty and greasy so it has to be the coils. anybody have any other suggestions?

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31820

Guest TurboSedan

yeah one end of that goes to the crankshaft posistion sensor and the other end goes to the coilpacks. it's basically it's own seperate harness.