swapping dash and wiring

Latroca1

Hey everybody I am in the process of swapping the whole interior from a 92' GTP into my 91' euro.

I had a couple of questions for the function of the center console screen display. So far i have pulled all the wiring from the GTP and plugged everything into the euro. I'm not sure how the screen works but will I have to pull every last bit of wires and swap them over to make it funtion?

Or do I need just the plug and wires that go to the center console?

Another question was about the second gear switch will this only work on the 3.4 tranny or will it work for my 3.1?

Do I have to change anything in the fuse box up under the hood now that I have the gtp stuff in the euro?

One more thing I found a pair of wires that are braided and go through a plug in the floor to the rear of the car. Is that just for abs?

I tried searching but ofcourse I keep coming up with things that don't shed any light.

Thanks!!

Don't know how to edit my post. But i have another question. there is a black box on the rear deck.

I don't have a wire diagram and have no clue what it is. But will I need to to pull this for my lumina?

Thanks again!

What you mean :o :o

I already have the drivers side door on now with the panel just a little fabbing and works fine. Actually the door closes better then the original :lol:

I will have some pics by the end of the week of some of my progress.

Thanks guys for responding so quickly I want to get the interior in tonight and will have to wait till I get the motor out of the grand prix untill I can get the dash in.

No room with the 3.4 to get the bolts of the heater box to get the rest of the dash harness to pull the dash.

Guest Anonymous

For the DIC you are going to have to splice all the wires into the cluster harness, same with the HUD, becuase the C200 does no have the provisions for these devices.

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much just swapped the wiring over to my lumina. Was easy just to pull the plug and all and just swap the two.

Both the cars were apart so made things a little easier. I was thinking about using the keyless entry can I get a universal remote? or am I just wasting my time?

I guess in a since it would be easier to just to get an aftermarket one.

Thanks!!